planter stealers,or: enjoy your hernia,buddy..

jerks.they're everywhere. maybe it's not unique to my town,but we have people here that like to go in people's yards and steal their bigger plant pots,usually only to throw them like halloween pumpkins up the street.bored activity i guess. but to go back a lil bit,i was asking a coworker about her planters..she lives near me,and i think they're cool looking.she said they were really heavy tho. so i asked her if they weight them. she looked at me as if it were an odd question,and said no. in my yard,whenever i have a really large planter i want to put out,i always put bricks in the bottom,so people can't walk off with them...easily. one summer,we had the windows open and were watching tv,when we heard somebody rummaging about in the yard. sure enough,he was trying to steal one. before we could do anything,we heard a really loud groan,and somebody fall down before he ran away. so we did what any rhode islander would do.opened the window and laughed at his dumb butt. take that,buddy.hope it hurt you thief. (image not mine-googled simpsons photo)
@moffittjc (45213)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't know why, but for some reason I find the thought of people stealing planters out of people's yards absolutely funny! You are smart to weight down your planters with bricks! I can't believe the nerve of those crooks to come into your yard while you were awake and watching tv! Are they not smart enough to wait until either you're not home or have gone to bed? Wait....they're stealing planters, they can't be too smart to begin with! LOL
@hereandthere (32762)
that's hilarious! talk about adding insult to injury! here, houses have perimeter fences made of cement, topped with ironwork, and iron gates out front. my mother swears she lost one rose plant. if true, it means whoever took it climbed over the fence and passed it on to someone.
@BarBaraPrz (20716)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I had a small planter stolen once, also a couple solar lights. Not nice at all. I don't know that bricks would be any heavier than dirt, though.
solar lights? that's pretty brazen.
@BarBaraPrz (20716)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@hereandthere One was just a dollar store one, no big loss, but the other was wire shaped into a cat with a large globe forming the body.
@BarBaraPrz it was too pretty they couldn't resist. but if people asked them where they got it, i wonder what they tell them?
Pretty slick, I never thought about weighing one down
@velvet53 (17399)
• Palisade, Colorado
You got me to laughing. I would of loved to been able to see that. It is sad though that people steal planters and other items from a persons yard.
somebody stole a broken snow shovel off my porch once.BROKEN. i was just getting ready to change the handle on it,as it was a good aluminum one.oh i was so livid.
@velvet53 (17399)
• Palisade, Colorado
@scarlet_woman That is terrible. I can't believe the things that people will do.
Well, that is not very neighborly to have strange people come and try to steal your potted plants. You are smart to weigh them down. How about cementing the pots into the ground so you cannot tell they are not moveable?
i don't want to do that in case they break eventually..
@RodrickH (12553)
Really? Have people go in others' yards and steal something? Have you called police for help?
by the time the cops get up here they're long gone.
Not long ago thieves took my friends planters off their front porch and what she was really ticked about was that they took her pepper plants, all that tlc and nothing to show for it.
And this is why I have a dog, maybe I should get another one just to be sure.
@YrNemo (14703)
Some people are real weird aren't they! My sister lost quite a few pretty plants and garden gnomes.
I do weight my planters, but only to stop them blowing over in the wind. I've never had anyone try to steal mine.
@Plethos (10852)
good ! he got what he deserved.
@miketagz (7489)
Ridiculous! Hope next time you caught him and report to the Police to teach lesson.
@Srbageldog (8244)
Wow, what morons! I guess if people have nothing better to do than to steal planters and smash 'em in the streets, then then they deserve whatever bodily injury they get when the planters are weighted down with bricks.
Oh my gosh people will try to steal anything won't they that's just terrible.
That is so stupid to steal something and than threw it away.