Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 9 Hosea 9 Hosea 9:1 Rejoice not, O Israel, for joy, as other people: for thou hast been unfaithful to thy God, thou hast loved a reward upon every corn floor. 2 The floor and the winepress shall not feed them, and the new wine shall fail in her. 3 They shall not dwell in the LORD’S land; but Ephraim shall return to Egypt, and they shall eat unclean things in Assyria. 4 They shall not offer wine offerings to the LORD, neither shall they be pleasing unto him: their sacrifices shall be unto them as the bread of mourners; all that eat thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soul shall not come into the house of the LORD. 5 What will ye do in the solemn day, and in the day of the feast of the LORD? 6 For, lo, they are gone because of destruction: Egypt shall gather them up, Memphis shall bury them: the pleasant places for their silver, nettles shall possess them: thorns shall be in their tabernacles. 7 The days of visitation are come, the days of recompense are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred. 8 The watchman of Ephraim was with my God: but the prophet is a snare of a fowler in all his ways, and hatred in the house of his God. 9 They have deeply corrupted themselves, as in the days of Gibeah: therefore he will remember their iniquity, he will visit their sins. 10 I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the first ripe in the fig tree at her first time: but they went to Baalpeor, and separated themselves unto that shame; and their abominations were according as they loved. 11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. 12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! 13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. 14 Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. 15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. 16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. 17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations. Corruption isn’t only found among our leaders. Corruption is in our homes, our workplaces, our churches, it’s wherever people conduct any kind of business. God showed Hosea how Israel had been unfaithful to him in every way, corrupting their way of life with idols. God said it was enough. He would not take care of them, but would cast them away from his presence. Before you became a Christian, you too wandered far from God, doing as you pleased, uncaring who you hurt, as long as you profited by what you did. As Christians, you can see how corrupt your lives were, and how corrupt the world is. You know the only answer to corruption is found in Jesus Christ. It’s in changing your allegiance from self to God, and his Son, Jesus. It’s in exchanging places with Jesus, and putting him on the throne of your life, and getting off the throne and allowing him to change you from the inside out. Don’t let God cast you away because of your unfaithfulness. Take hold of God and allow him to change you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. He will take care of you and raise you up according to his will for you. Let’s pray: Father, don’t let corruption control my life, but help me be faithful to you, setting you on the throne of my life, and being mindful of all you have for me to do. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright © 23 February 2018 by Valerie Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
That was a nice prayer. I like that for myself as well. Thanks
That's wonderful. Have a blessed day.
@just4him Thank you
Nice Bible study. It is sad that corruption is every where.
Yes, it is. Have a blessed day.
@Daelii (5808)
Amen! When you finish your current book..have you considered working on a bible study/ motivation book? Like today, the part about the giving our throne to to the lord. Its just simple things to remember that are insightful, Motivational, and uplifting
Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't thought about it. Have a blessed day.