Leap! cartoon that promotes violence against chickens

@Daelii (4253)
The other day, I rented Leap for my daughters. My baby girl was sick and would be having a day at home before the dr would release her for school. So I rented it. We fell asleep the first night and watched it the next day. in this cartoon a girl moves to Paris to become a dancer. In LEAP! there is a very clear scene about animal violence. I guess because it involves an animal it doesn't need to be in the warning labels? The characters in the movie, go on top of a multi-floor building (huge orphanage) and then literally throws the chicken off. Now the netflix chat representive I talked to, said the chicken was "learning how to fly". Um... NO! They throw the chicken off and the sound of the chicken thudding to the ground is clearly audible. That chicken was thrown off a tall building and landed on the ground. How is that cute? how is that funny? how does that belong in a kids cartoon? Seriously people! How is stuff like this okay? Animal abuse is like stage 1 of making a serial killer! I don't find such things in shows to be forms of amusement. Worst yet! I paid for us to sit and watch that! PS! I didn't even go into the logistics of an ~ 11 year old girl going out on a date in a bar and dancing on tables like she was a Coyote Waitress!
@1hopefulman (24951)
That is very sad! Chicken's don't learn how to fly by being thrown down from tall buildings. That is ridiculous! I saw a movie that I liked so much that I bought several copies and gave them as gifts to parents with children. It was Mr. Poppers Penguins.
When Thomas Popper receives a mysterious crate from Antarctica, it marks the end of his comfortable and well-ordered existence as a New York real estate mogu...
@Daelii (4253)
Thanks for the movie recommendation! Ive been looking for a few new things to start collecting in preparation of up coming spring break and summer!
@1hopefulman (24951)
@Daelii I am a grandfather and one of them will get married soon (she's 24). I would suggest to watch something first and then you can decide what you want your children to see. How old are you children?
@Daelii (4253)
@1hopefulman I usually so have/ know someone that watches them first. It really was a last minute attempt to perk up sick kids. In most reviews no one mentioned the chicken violence! My girls just turned 7, 5, and 19 months!
• Riga, Latvia
That certainly does not sound like something that should be in a movie for children. I look up online about this movie and this might interest you. hefishsacramento.com/content/movies-and-dvds/leap-certainly-takes-a-few-along-the-path-to-dream-fulfillment
@Daelii (4253)
It doesn't surprise me that this was a film that was redone for the american audience. However, one thing the review does lack is that there is a clear thud sound in the movie. That is in there. They just don't show the chicken again in that scene after throwing it off. I wish I had seen that review before I rented it! I made the mistake that Netflix wouldn't have such questionable content in their movies without a review or notice of it! The one review I saw about it, covered the questionable child dancing on a bar table / reckless behavior. plus part of the violence in the end part (I don't want to spoil the movie if anyone still plans to watch it)
@Morleyhunt (19187)
Choosing something appropriate for children can be a challenge. My grandkids love the VeggieTales movies. I own a decent selection, and there are more available from our local library.
Definitely not a movie for children - of any age. I'm still a child at heart and wouldn't watch something like that.