Meet our Neighbors

I've seen them around, spoke to them, had the wife in our condo, received a package addressed to him, answered their questions about our car, and chatted in the hallway for three years without knowing their names or forgetting them. They invited us to join them for dinner last night with 5 other friends from our floor at a local restaurant. Their names I kept forgetting.. He told wonderful stories at dinner about his friend, Thornton Wilder, the 3 time Pulitzer Prize winner and the playwright, Samuel Beckett. His name is Israel Horovitz. He's an American playwright, director, movie maker, award winner, lives and works in New York City, Paris, Italy, Massachusetts, and here in Florida right down the hall from me. You can Google him. I did a few minutes ago when my husband told me he was a playwright. Gillian is his third wife and is English. She's so sweet and used to run Marathons all over the world. She still jogs here. One of Israel's sons, Ada, was a Beasty Boy for those who followed that musical group. In reasearching his movies, plays, and books just now, I came across a New York Times article from February 19th. Apparently, Heather Graham, the actress, accused him of sexual harassment. . She makes #9. The other cases were denied and dropped. I still enjoy having them as neighbors. ~ Getty photo
@1hopefulman (32514)
He probably likes beautiful women. Be careful! Don't be alone with him.
I'm sure he won't bother with me at all! He did want to know a lot about my granddaughter's off Broadway shows and insisted on watching her latest figure skating video. Lol! I better give my son and DIL the heads up!
@1hopefulman (32514)
@DianneN Always make sure his wife is around. Did you say his 3rd? He's worse than me. I stopped at the second.
lol You meet the best people, Me, not so much though one of our neighbors did stop and talk to Al as we got out of our car after dinner lol
Ha ha ha! At least you have friendly neighbors. Iz.
@Hatley Thanks!
@ridingbet (59536)
may i greet them "hello neighbors of @DianneN."
Sure! Lol!
That is nice that after all that time they invited you to dinner with others. He sounds very interesting. That is cool that one of his sons was a Beasty Boy. I think they came to Israel.
@DianneN That is very interesting. It sounds like alot of interesting people there and the get together sounds good Dianne. You are a very outgoing person.
@Hannihar Thanks, Hanni! We have quite a mixture of people here. Some interesting and some so dull, I'd like to bang my head against the wall when we speak. When I see a certain man approaching the pool area, I pretend I'm asleep just so I don't have to speak to him.
@DianneN Dianne, I understand and good idea to pretend your asleep. I just hope he does not stand there till you pretend wake up.
@topffer (36115)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
You have a very interesting neighbor. I knew the name, he has a lot of plays translated and played in France. I am pleased to put a face on his name with your picture.
I've been meaning to get back to you sooner, but, life intruded. So sorry! I'm so happy you recognize his name. He was in Paris a few weeks ago working. We were supposed to go out to dinner when he returned, but his wife called to let us know they'd be delayed returning. They were there when the Seine overflowed. Now go see a play! lol
@topffer (36115)
• Svalbard And Jan Mayen
@DianneN Then we were in Paris at the same moment last January. Difficult to ignore the name, he is one of the more played American authors in France. He is famous.
@topffer I have to agree with you. My husband said the exact same thing, too!
They look like a nice couple! I am so happy you got to meet them as it is nice to know your neighbors. Talented neighbors too! My neighbor is extremely strange, and i avoids her.
Thank you! We do have some strange ones, too, which we avoid like the plague! lol
@DianneN have one who insists toxins are coming out of her head because she diagnosed herself as the second person ever with some weird disease. Any doctor who disagrees with her is an idiot in her opinion! I avoid her as she scares me!
@Marty1 Keep away from her!!!!
You do run with quite an accomplished group of people. He looks like he would be the life of the party.
Actually, his wife is a bit of a pip, but very easy to get along with. He is a bit more serious, but quite personable. I saw one of our other famous neighbors today, who told me all about his carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery. He's a musician and his concerts in NY are sold out. He has until May to heal up. I heard we have a famous artist living here, too, whom we've yet to meet. And then there is us!
@DianneN And there is nothing unimportant about you. You have a DIL that works in the theater and writes for Broadway. You have a granddaughter who will be a future Olympian - I'm quite certain of this. Just 8 years and she'll be on that stage. You have a grandson who loves hockey and might have a future in that. Then you have another friend who is an up and coming best selling international author. I just had to give myself a plug. You are also most loveable - a particular friendly bird shows off his catch to you and follows happily along on your walks. Not everyone can boast of a friendly wild bird as a best friend.
@just4him You made me think for minute. I was wondering what best selling international author I knew until it hit me! Lol!!! I certainly hope so, Valerie. I did meet Andy Gross, an author and a writer for James Patterson. He lives in CT and bought us a round of drinks. I hope you will, too! Thanks for all that. And Orville followed me on my walk today. That bird better get a life!
Isn't it exciting to have famous neighbors? I am glad you had the occasion to know them better.
I'm one who is easily star struck. However, I had no idea who he was when we went out, so was my normal, natural self. . Next time I will be a complete wreck!
@DianneN If you do not know it's easy to be be natural, the problem is when you meet someone famous that you recognize. It can be embarrassing.
@LadyDuck I always get nervous, but try to pretend I don't give a hoot who they are.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Oh cool! Thornton is an awesome name and so cool to meet such talented people.
@FayeHazel (19951)
@DianneN Sad :(
This 'me too' hash tag spares none I think. Everyone is on their guard. Not fair really, No reason to stay away.
I won't stay away. We both enjoy their company.
sounds like an extraordinary kind of neighbours
They are pretty special to have as neighbors. lol
@DianneN youre lucky to have a neighbour like them
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
Celebrity Neighbors . But still there is a black mark. Lol
Yes, most of these artsy people seem to have those black marks, unfortunately.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
@sol_cee (17412)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
I like his tie though. Lol
Lol!
@YrNemo (14717)
I have good neighbors here who did the lawns for me (and I theirs), but for the life of me, I can't remember their names! Well, I have managed so far to give them a smile whenever I see them, that is too good already I guess . (No clue what are their careers!)
@UncleJoe (10871)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Wow! When you hob-nob you don't fool around, do ya? You meet some of the most interesting folks.
It's crazy! I surprise myself sometimes! My older son was very impressed, since he knew of most of his movies and quite a few plays.
They sound like really good neighbors to have,
Impressive to say the least!
That was nice of them to invite you to dinner
We were very pleases and flattered.
• Eugene, Oregon
I have heard and seen that name quite often.
It figures. Lol!
@mom210 (6771)
• Atlanta, Georgia
we have heard some Beasty Boy music, what fun to know them
How cool! I only heard the name of the group. I was out of the loop. lol
You have notables all around you.
It's amazing! There is a famous artist living here, too, whom I haven't met.