How well do you know your neighbors?

For those that live in a community, or an apartment or condo do you know much about your neighbors? I have lived here close to 6 years and people have moved and have come in. Down below since I have been here there have been 3 families that came and went and there is a couple with a baby now. Across from me there was another couple and their child but they moved so another couple and baby live there now. Across from me another couple lived there when I moved in and now a couple and their baby live there. Above me there was a nice couple and their little girl that lived there and then a couple moved in and left and then it was horrible people after that for two years and now a jerky man. Above them they are the first I met because I know the people that own their apartment and they are still here. There is a nice couple across from them and below the couple is a family with one child and one on the way and they are nice. They are mostly young families. I am friendly with some of the neighbors and others I say hi or do not like at all. So, tell me about your neighbors?
My neighbor in 11.. has been my friend over 6 years. We share food and everything you can imagine together. She and I always look out for one another. I collect her packages and she does mine too. My neighbor across from her works at the mental health office. she is very kind to me. The super is great to me and always looks out for me. The lady on the corner has two sweet boys. I often shop and drop off treats to them. It's 4 people living in a two bedroom. My ex neighbor on the 7th floor moved out. We shop together and and I visit each other though we are 6 blocks away. I have a nice lady on my floor she knocked the other day to check my mail for me. She has often knocked to see if i need to have her shop for me. My neighbor that moved a few months back would send food over and I would do the same. I have a few others but you get it.
Sounds like Shay you have great neighbors.
@Hannihar Yes I would have to say yes I sure do. Thanks.
@sharon6345 That is great Shay and you are welcome.
@db20747 (8032)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Some are pretty cool. A little nosy, but a couple I can really count on if I need them. A few won't do a darn thing yo help u. But, I like my friends around here. If I need a few bucls , they'll help me out!!
Danna, I am glad at least some are there for you. I have one that causes me lots of trouble and some that help me if they are around. I miss the people that lived down below me when we moved in here. I saw the husband and maybe they will move back into the neighborhood. They were so kind and helpful,
@db20747 (8032)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@Hannihar a couple of my really nice neighbors moved. But every now and then they come and visit the old neighborhood!! We have a good ole time when they do!!
@db20747 I am sorry they moved. I am glad they came back. I ran into one of my old neighbors and was happy to see him. He helped me alot. They are a very special family. I hope they move back into the neighborhood again.
I don't know them well but I know who lives in which home :)
Michelle, thanks for sharing.
I've known some neighbors but for the most part, I keep to myself.
That I understand very well allen. I have gotten to know some of my neighbors and most know my name, but, there are some I do not like at all and some I do like. I keep to myself too because I want them to continue to like me. I do not want to get to close to people.
@xiaolisu (1300)
i know nothing about my neighbors but it's a quiet place for sure
That is ok xiailisu. Maybe that is best that you do not know your neighbors.
You seem to know more about your neighbors than me. I don't know much about my neighbors because most of the time we will just say hi when we meet each other and that's all. We hardly will have chances to get to know more each other.
Some of them have been here for quite some time and so I have gotten to know them and there are some that are very nice and help me and others that cause me pain.
At home I live in a private house on a quiet street. Everyone have a minimum of 1 1/2 acres, so it's quiet. The neighbors are quiet, but friendly. At our condo in Florida, we have mostly wonderful neighbors and no children.
That is nice Diane.
@Icydoll (18995)
Our neighbors are not that much close...but we have just casual talk and move on.
At least you have casual talk with them Icydoll.
I know almost 98% of our neighbhors.
KaRoger, that is a lot of neighbors to know.Do you live in a house or apartment building?
@ms1864 (6992)
• Bangalore, India
I do know who my neighbors are and how many people live around me.... but people move so often... I don't bother get close to anyone or get to know them super well.
Manisha, I understand that.
• Eugene, Oregon
We live in an over 55 community, have been here just over three years. With my ping pong group, I know quite a few people and Anne has an art quilt show in the club house where she gave a talk and met may more people. We go to some of the breakfasts and other activities and know the neighbors on both sides.
Sounds like a nice community James.
I have a weirdo a 1/2 mile away across from him is a normal family. On the other side are the crazy people I battled about shooting by my house.
andria, no fun with not good neighbors.