Bills bills bills

Aberdeen, North Carolina
It's forever a never ending cycle. 6 day work weeks, squeezing in time with my kids to relax with them and homeschool them. Buy what they need and try to squeeze in buying what they want too since they are good kids. My rent and water bill is paid in full for March. My home internet is paid (February and March). My cell phone still needs to be paid though. I paid down some debt in full. That was $1900 gone all at once. My electric hasn't kicked in yet though. I bought myself an actual mattress and the slats to hold the mattress up. I got the kids a pair of new sneakers apiece as they needed them. I lent my ex (their dad) some money so he wouldn't get evicted since his roommate got kicked out for failure to pay. I'd never let him be homeless. He'd do the same for me. Needless to say, I'm broke til pay day and until he pays me back, but everyone has a roof over their heads, and food in their bellies so that's good.
You have a good head on your shoulders to have almost evrrything paid. And food and home are most important. So good for you
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Bills and groceries definitely come first, but I did manage to get the kids their birthday gifts albeit early. I'm hoping to have April's paid by mid March.
@acrogodess good for you.
@TheSojourner (17304)
Roof over her head and food in bellies is sometimes As Good As It Gets! Glad things are looking up for you.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yeah, I know things can always be worse so I'm grateful for the little things
That was sweet of you to help him out
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Regardless of whether we are together or not, he's still family to me in my opinion. 20 yrs and 2 kids and we will always be connected by the kids (and someday grandkids).
@acrogodess I'd feel the same way too about my husband.
I feel you. I'm doing some side gigs to make ends meet as well.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yeah, I went and donated plasma after work for extra money today since they give a small stipend for my time.
@mrki444 (1205)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I hope you will have some better times.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Things are slowly but surely getting better
You have done so well. Your positive attitude is such a big help to you.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I try. I figure nothing good can come of being pessimistic all the time.
I get that for sure. I know it seems hard. At least the debt will slowly disappear so you can look forward to that anyway.
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
Yeah, I have one more debt to go and then I will work on paying down my student loans
@AKRao24 (21173)
Dear friend in India it is said that bringing up a family successfully is not less than a winning a War ! So these are all part and parcel of the life and these bitter experiences of your life will reamain as sweet memories and medals of your successful life in future! So just relax and enjoy as the almighty who has provided a roof and bread will take care of us! Thanks dear @acrogodess !
@miketagz (7489)
No worries about bills at least you will paid on time and every holidays you'll receive gift...gift...gifts...
• Aberdeen, North Carolina
I don't get gifts for holidays or my birthday, but that's okay. Those are more occasions to celebrate for my kids.
@miketagz (7489)
@acrogodess Yeah at least you are happy to receive a gift to your kids. At least!