Got to spend time with my boyfriend

Saturday early afternoon my boyfriend, his son and dog came over. For a few weeks now I’ve been noticing his dog is losing fur around her eyes. Now it is worse and it’s starting down the cheeks. I had looked up last time and thought it is mites but he didn’t agree. Now he does! She was itching her face all over the carpet For lunch he and I drove up to subway and ate then stopped at McDonald’s to bring the kids home food too. My daughter didn’t like the shamrock shake so now I owe her a strawberry one next weekend. Last night we watched a movie called “Extract” which I hated. We also watched the first 4 episodes of “A Series of Unfortunate Events” which I liked a lot surprising me. I noticed his son was watching a movie and recording something on his phone. Apparently he “broadcasts” everything. I’m not confortable with that at all. No one on the net needs to hear every conversation going on in our home. Plus the listener would be bored to tears! This morning my boyfriend went to the store and bought a bunch of stuff and made a huge breakfast for us all. He went in to greet our parrot and when the parrot tried to take a tiny peanut from him he accidentally bit the tip of his finger quite bad and it bled a lot. Right after my boyfriend left this afternoon I lost my phone. I searched for 2 hours before finally finding it . Otherwise was a nice day and got lots of housework done.
Poor dog, he should bring the dog to the vet and see what he can do.
I think he is going to try picking up shampoo for it first but seeing it's around her eyes that seems tough. He said the pills for it if she needs that are $92 for 2 of them eek.
@shaggin Goodness it is expensive. I hope the shampoo can help a bit.
@Tina30219 (34272)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Wow for 2 pills that is crazy.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I lose my glasses all the a time when I take them off my face...I can imagine if I had a cell phone the same thing would happen. We still have land lines...
What must have happened was when I leaned down to get the lights out of the hamper to put in the washer my phone fell out of my pocket into the dark clothes hamper then got buried in laundry. Me calling it was muffled by all the clothes.
@shaggin glad you found it.
Glad you found your phone. Lucky you to have breakfast made for you. Hope you have a great start to the new week.
I never eat breakfast but he insisted on making it. It was very good though
@bagarad (12183)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm kind of glad that was your day, not mine, although I would have enjoyed the breakfast part. I'm not much for watching movies. I wonder if your boyfriend will get too close to your parrot again.
It was a good day even though there were some tough moments like his son irritating my daughter while he and I were out eating at subway.
Sounds like an eventful weekend - but I hope the poor dog and your boyfriend's finger get better soon! Oh gosh, where did you finally find your phone? The other day I figured out I left mine in the car .
What I think happened with my phone was as I was taking lights out of the hamper the phone fell out into the dark clothes hamper when I was bending over. Then putting more laundry in the hamper the phone got buried and when I called it I couldn't hear the ring as it was so muffled by the clothes.
@shaggin Ah, so it fell into the hamper where you couldn't hear it fall either. I know I've done that when it's fallen on my car seat! But good you found it - and not in the washer !
@much2say I was very worried it could have been in the washer but figured I would have heard it thumping around and thankfully when I unloaded it when the cycle was done it wasn’t in there!
@spiderdust (6148)
• San Jose, California
I've also been watching "A Series of Unfortunate Events" with my daughter and some of the other members of the family. I think I've gotten as far along as you have. Is your boyfriend going to finally take his dog to the vet? That poor thing.
My daughter has already watched the whole first season. I probably won't finish watching it until my boyfriend is over again. I don't watch movies alone. My boyfriend is going to try buying a special shampoo for it first then if that doesn't work he will take her to the vet.
• San Jose, California
@shaggin Considering that it's now around the eyes, he should go to the vet now. Hopefully he'll reach that decision soon.
@spiderdust It started on the eyes and just it looking worse and a few tiny spots down the one cheek.
@mohit459 (11909)
• Haldwani, India
Sounds great that you have a wonderful time with you bf
I hadn't seen him in about 10 days so I was really happy to get to see him.
@mohit459 (11909)
• Haldwani, India
@shaggin ohh... Ya staying away from loving one is hard
@mohit459 I usually see him once a week but this time was longer and I won't see him this weekend either as he will be going to see his parents in Maryland.
@cintol (6472)
What is he going to do about the dog, is there something he can give her for the mites? I don't like broadcasting on the phone either, I don't even let my phone say where I am.
He is going to buy a special shampoo to try to treat it if that doesn't work he is going to take her to the vet. I feel bad for her so can't imagine how awful it must feel being so itchy.
@cintol (6472)
@shaggin Oh my gosh, poor puppy, that has to be awful to deal with especially around her eyes. I hope they can get her cured soon
@FayeHazel (18042)
That sounds eventful and I agree, the son "broadcasting" everything would bother me too
I will ask him to shut it off next time I am here. If he wants to do it when he is home that's fine but here where we are all around I don't want that. No one needs to hear everything that goes on.
@FayeHazel (18042)
@shaggin Yeah, little creepy.
@mydanods (6759)
• Nigeria
Make every time count. Make it quality time.
I enjoy anytime I get to spend with him since I only see him about one day a week.
@Icydoll (20225)
Have a good day..
Thank you. I wrote this as I was laying in bed. Today is a new day and I'm sitting beside my son while he does cyber school.
• Cuddalore, India
Enjoy your day .
Thank you today is a new day and it's going to be beautiful outside
Well, it was just a phone but at least you found it. Have you warned or talk to his son about recording every thing on the phone. I hope he doesn't upload it in youtube.
It just broadcasts everything live. I will ask him next time he is here not to do the broadcasting at my house. When he was doing it during the movie and I noticed it I said something to his dad who told him to shut it off.
I am gld you had a good weekend, I agree no one needs to be live all the time.
I will ask him next time he is here not to do it. He has all week to do it at his house he can take a break from it while he is here.
Glad you had a good weekend and spent time with your boyfriend. I feel awful for his dog. I'd get him to the vet immediately. The poor thing is obviously uncomfortable and needs to be examined.
He should have went out and bought the special shampoo to try when I noticed this a few weeks ago. Then if it didn’t work she could have gotten to the vet already and it might be gone. The other times I saw her she wasn’t itching.
@shaggin Whatever, I hope your puppy doesn't catch it!
@DianneN I hope he doesn't wait much longer if it were me I'd have already tried the shampoo. At least he finally sees there's something wrong. I'm hoping it's not contagious to my puppy.
@Tina30219 (34272)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like a nice time you all had. Sorry to hear your daughter did not like the shamrock shake I love them next time I am out I am going to get one. Glad to hear you found your phone and sorry to hear that your parrot bit your boyfriends finger.
She was pretty upset I didn't get her a shake she liked and had to deal with my boyfriends son locking her in the computer room. At least I got to have a yummy shake and I will get her one she likes this weekend.
@Tina30219 (34272)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin How was you to know she would not like the shake. Sorry to hear your boyfriends son locked her in the computer room. I am sure she will enjoy her shake you get her this weekend.
@Tina30219 she said she told me many times she doesn’t like mint. My memory is terrible so I don’t remember.
@miketagz (7496)
Nice bonding while watching movies. Next time can do a lot of karaoke.
No way lol I am a terrible singer
@miketagz (7496)
@shaggin It doesn't matter. He still like you singing that way for sure!
@miketagz Nope I really don't think so.
I remember our husky used to lose hair and it was due to mites. They were really tiny white mites that we couldn't really see. We brought him to the vet and it was taken care of.
Hopefully it's wont effect my puppy. Depends on the mite. He finally believes me now that her hair loss isn't normal and is going to try buying shampoo for it before taking her to the vet.
@shaggin Hope so.
That dog situation what is going on now? How do you manage having the dog in your home? is that ever an issue for you? Thank you.
I only see the boyfriend and his dog once a week or less. I haven't seen her since I wrote this. It's been very slowly getting more noticeable (the hairloss) for the last month.
@shaggin Oh I hope the little one will be ok. I am not aware of those things so I was wondering. I am hoping for the best. Thank you.
@sharon6345 hopefully by now he has bought the special shampoo for her. If that doesn't help stop the itching he needs to get her to a vet. I feel bad for her and hope my puppy doesn't catch it.
@Blondie2222 (21823)
Im glad you got to see your boyfriend and had a good time with him. I finally got to see mine Sunday night and we hung out til 130am. Between both our work schedules it's hard to see each other lately but it is what it is. I hope he can take his dog to the vet and help him out with the mite issue.
I assumed your boyfriend lived with you for some reason. I understand why you stayed up late to spend time with him since its hard with your schedules to see each other. I only get to see my boyfriend one day a week usually.
@Blondie2222 (21823)
@shaggin nope he does not he lives with his parents. He is building a house for us to move into though.
@Blondie2222 wow that is wonderful!