A New Recipe

Since I don't have to go into work as early as I usually do, I thought that I'd try a new recipe out today. Its a strawberry crumble muffin recipe. The thought sounded delicious, and when I checked I had all of the ingredients. But.....they do not look very appealing to me. The crumble topping isn't really crumble. I believe that the next time I have extra strawberries to use up I'll just make the recipe without the topping. The topping is dark as it has (Splenda) brown sugar, and cinnamon, both of which add to the (unattractive) colour. But......they taste delicious! Do you like to bake? ~Photo of the finished muffins.
I used to make all the time but now I'm cutting back on sweets. I like the idea of using Splenda brown sugar. Taste is all that matters to me
The texture on the brown sugar is almost identical to the real thing, which is good. It works really well in a crumble or in a base for things like date squares. My co-workers loved and gobbled up all of the muffins that I brought in.
I used to bake a long time ago but do not do it now.
Why did you stop?
@Juliaacv I have an old stove and right now have not been able to replace it and it smokes so I just use the burners Juliaacv.
@Hannihar Sorry, I hope that you can get it replaced soon and get those recipe books out and start baking again soon.
@nela13 (3853)
• Portugal
Yes, I like baking and your muffins looks delicious
Thanks, they are all gone now.
@nela13 (3853)
• Portugal
@Juliaacv It is understandable
@dodo19 (31333)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'll admit that I don't bake much. Maybe I'll try one of these days.
When our son was young I didn't have the time to do it as often as I do it now, and it seemed more like a chore. Now it relaxes me and that is a good thing.
@dodo19 (31333)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv It can be a chore sometimes when you're busy.
Well least they taste good!
I thought that they were a bit too sweet, but my co-workers disagreed with me.
@Juliaacv maybe they have sweet tooths
The amazing thing is the taste is what you wanted came out. I have seen some unattractive foods. I loved them as well. I have cookies i want to make. I have to wait for the craving to hit though.
I felt that they were too sweet for me, but my co-workers gobbled them up and asked for more! I was surprised, but they like things sweeter then I do.
@Juliaacv That is good you had no wasted product which is always nice. I could not eat the cake I was given. I took one bite an it was trashed.
@dgobucks226 (9739)
Baked goods are so tempting. As long as it tastes good I can ignore how it looks.
I thought they were too sweet, but my co-workers loved them.
@Juliaacv Everyone has their own unique taste buds. Glad the muffins were a hit and tasty food has no picky eater, lol.
I enjoy baking sometimes, but mostly my son does the baking.
You are lucky that he is such an amazing baker.
You know I love to back.But never do muffins.Used to.
You like to bake loaves, and me its muffins.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
My mom loves to bake. I used to love her cookies. That was in the past.
Our son will ask me every once in a while if I've made a certain batch of cookies lately, and I always know that he's coming over and would like some of those. Him and his bad habits of asking for his favorites are ongoing even though he's a grown man now.
I like to bake muffins once in a while. I have Splenda brown sugar and sometimes I use it on my blueberries, but never tried it in muffins. The delicious taste here is what is important.
I agree, and the Splenda brown sugar has a great consistency so much like the real stuff its hard to tell it isn't.
@Morleyhunt (19145)
I like to bake...most of my stuff is in Ontario, so most of my baking will wait until May.
You'll be all ready to do some up then. But what quilting is to you is what baking is to me. I relax doing it. When our kitchen was torn apart, and they were installing the new one a few years ago, I actually baked a cake-and the oven was disconnected!! I used the gas grill-and the cake turned out so delicious we couldn't believe it. My husband told me that I would have made a great cook even in the early settler days when there were no conveniences, I begged to differ.
They look and sound amazing!! =) I do like baking desserts.
My co-workers gobbled them up and then asked for more! Me, I thought that they were too sweet.
I think me baking is why I am a diabetic. I love to bake but I had to give it up.
I substitute some of the sugars, both white as well as brown, for the twins. And I change up the flour, not all bakeries will do that for you.
@Icydoll (10640)
That's looking cool to try it friend
I'm taking them into work in a bit.
If it tastes delicious. Nothing else matters!