She Suddenly Stopped Posting At Facebook

2010 picture of me and my sisters
I am close to the two sisters who are the first cousins of my husband. We all are friends in real life and also on Facebook and would always like each other post. The younger sister works in a government office and is in the bidding department. They always would travel abroad together so of course, they have lots of pictures of those, posted on Facebook. This younger sister would always post even when they eat at fast food chain, restaurant or wherever. She is always traveling or eating out with her family. But since a month ago, she hasn't posted at all. I scrolled at her profile page and was surprised that the only pictures left were those 3 , posted by her other sister of one travel abroad. All the rest of the pictures she posted were all deleted. I didn't even see her like her sister's posts or even on mine. But lately, my brother-in-law who is also on a government bank, told me that all government officials and employees will now be subjected to lifestyle check. Well, it was already in my mind before, that she shouldn’t be posting all her dining outs and travels abroad or anywhere, since she is with the bidding and procurement committee of a government office. It could be an avenue for doubt. Sometimes, we should be discerning of what to post on Facebook.
@hereandthere (33412)
i thought they had some disagreement, but when you explained about being her job, i understood. i don't have fb, but is there a way for her to create a page that's only for family and friends?
You can have an FB account and put it on private account. They can see your profile picture but not open your page. You can only choose who to connect with.
@SIMPLYD maybe she should have done that, to separate her personal account from work/public account.
@hereandthere Yes. But too late, maybe because I think this lifestyle check for government employees just came out.
@mandala100 (53678)
@SIMPLYD You are right on that my friend that one should be very discriminating enough on what to post on FB my friend.
If there is an occasion, then we can post our pictures. But not take pictures of everywhere we go and even the foods they eat. Now, she stopped because she knows her lifestyle can be checked through her posts of travels , dining outs and goings every where.
@ptrikha_2 (11117)
@mandala100 yes very much right!
I'm not a government employee but I don't like posting on facebook about my travels nor my dining out which we do on a daily basis. I only get tagged by friends. I don't really like posting on facebook about what I do and even the new things I own which I see in most of people's fb when I happen to check it once in a. blue moon. I don't seen the point of posting your every move and action and all your activities there.
Yes, that is so true Toni. We don't have to post our every move because a scrupulous person can do things that are not good since they are thinking that this person is so rich. I only post pictures when there is an occasion I attended like with my batchmates gathering or relative or family's birthday. I share funny quotes also when I see one.
@SIMPLYD I do most of my postings on instgarm because no stranger could ever take a peek at that. Only those that I allow to. so there's no way anybody could see anything on my instagram account without permission. There's one person here on mylot who tried to and said it was an error and he asked how could he possible see me on instagram and I said you must have an account and have to request for an access...to which he said he has no account and there's no way he could see me then. Thank goodness for that!
@toniganzon Good thing, it's like that with your instagram. I don't have an instagram account. Fb is enough and I don't even have time to open it for days sometimes. Really, somebody here tried that. You have a stalker.
@YrNemo (14736)
That is very wise, not posting too much on FB. Hope you find other ways to chat to your cousins-in-law.
Yes, we always see one another when we go to church. Besides, there are some occasions of relatives we get to attend.
@YrNemo (14736)
• Peoria, Arizona
I think it all depends. If there is a guideline telling her what she cannot post, then she can just keep those pictures herself or not take them at all. But personal photos, I would assume would be fine.
Well, they weren't restricted actually to post such pictures. But they should be ready at anytime they are investigated with regards their travels and their expense with regards to it.
• Peoria, Arizona
@SIMPLYD Of course, but a little guideline for people would probably help them
That's the negative side of social media - it's too easy to be spied upon.
It's an avenue for investigation if ever they are seen to be always traveling abroad which is a lot of expense.
@ptrikha_2 (11117)
Yes @jaboUK there are things that we can't hide from others on social media.
I think that personal photos if you like to share are alright but on one should share photos that have anything to do with their work or business life.
No,she posts personal ones. Although she also posts pictures of her and her officemates eating out. But the fact that she is in a bidding and procurement committee would make her officials and other people wonder where she gets those money to fund her travels when she is just an ordinary employee. Well, she said she has savings and some travels were sponsored by her brother living abroad.
@JustBhem (46105)
• Davao, Philippines
I also have a friend who always posts anything on Facebook, even going to the CR. Then suddenly she stops posting that because all Government employee should have a humble life or take their job seriously, not on Facebook.
So, your friend too. I think Duterte is really good in curbing lavish lifestyles of government employees. He wants them checked as to lifestyles and that should be really so. Good thing, I am on a private company, though, I don't post if there is no occasion to celebrate.
@JustBhem (46105)
• Davao, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Yes, he is. I always adore him despite his foul mouth and we already used to it since he was the Mayor of our City. And I like that too because some Government officials or even worker are living a lavish lifestyle.
@JustBhem That is what I like about him. He makes sure that every employee is living within their means and that there are no corrupt activities.
That is too bad that she is not allowed to post on facebook.
No, she's actually allowed. She was just afraid that she maybe subjected to lifestyle check when someone from amongst her followers on Facebook reports her travels abroad. Travels entails a lot of expenses.
@SIMPLYD rebel-woman, you never know who is watching and may screw her up. That is not fair. it is too bad.
@Hannihar I am sorry what I mean is that she's allowed to post anything she likes. It's just that maybe she is afraid that it could be avenues of suspicion like her travels abroad since she's just and employee but holds a job that can be bribed.
Thats why
So, what about you? Do you post even those foods you will be eating at restaurants?
@SIMPLYD no im not that type. Maybe just myself in the restaurant but not the foods
@Strawberry18 Me too. I think it's weird that you should let others to know what you are eating at restaurants. I find that as showy or boasting.
@mydanods (6738)
• Nigeria
That's true. We should be careful of what we post on Facebook. Many companies are using it for background checks now.
So even there, they have lifestyle checks for government employees? That's good.
@mydanods (6738)
• Nigeria
@SIMPLYD No, we don't have it here yet. I wonder if we ever will but I think private companies do it.
@mydanods Here, private companies don't have lifestyle checks.
Sounds like your government is rectifying the style of work of the government officials and employees.
Yes, that's the mandate of our president and I find it good, specially that even ordinary employees seem to have a lavish lifestyle that is opposite how much they only earn as such.
Surely she earns enough legally for that kind of lifestyle. Mean on the government to snoop like that
If she isn't afraid that her lifestyle will be checked and find something anomalous at her spending, then there should be nothing that she should be afraid of.
@SIMPLYD Government can be nasty if it wants to
@allknowing That's true. They call the shots.
@kepweng (19279)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
hope she post again
Yes, why should she stop, if there's nothing to hide.
Yes she should be careful in what she posts.
Well, even if she isn't a government employee, she should limit her posts. She's overexposing where she is going or has gone. Announcing every move.
I hope she will post again on facebook.
I think she won't yet. She will overcome first maybe her fear of being checked on her lifestyle. Just she doesn't have to posts those that seem to show that she has much money because in the first place she's an ordinary employee.
@miketagz (8832)
I don't use facebook for posting because of privacy issues. But still I can make post for business purposes only.
I am on Facebook, although it is in a private setting. I only connect with closest friends and relatives. Besides, I use another name different from my real name. Anyone who knows my name and wants to see me on FB cannot, if they don't know my FB name. Besides, if ever they know they can't open it.
@miketagz (8832)
@SIMPLYD Yeah but I'm still curious even it's set to private, I honestly delete my photos and keep it on my smartphone or in my computer.
@miketagz Well, you can always change the settings as to who would you allow to see your pictures. Some of my pictures were set for my eyes only.
I know that the government employees who work here are not allowed to post on Facebook, is the same for Bank employees.
Really! They're much strict there. Here, they have the discretion to post or not to post their lavish travels. As long as they are ready to answer whatever investigations that arise from such when seen by officials.
@SIMPLYD They are strict here. I have noticed that my neighbor (who is chef of the local Border Police), had posted photos of their travels (no people, only places), but he has closed the account.
@LadyDuck Oh so they are strict there too. But that's good. People become low profile.
@rakski (24124)
I do not like posting too much on facebook. I still want to have the privacy of my family. Good for them, they should not post a lot even if they can afford it. That does not mean that the government will not notice it. Better be safe than sorry
Yes, we should still keep the privacy of our families by not posting so much. Do you know that my husband and daughter would already refuse to have pictures once I had 3 o more? I think that cousin of my husband got afraid that she can be subjected to lifestyle check. Well, if she can tell them where she gets all her money other than her income as government employee, I think there's nothing she should be afraid of and just let her facebook posting be , right?
@rakski (24124)
@SIMPLYD That is right. But still it ia better be safe than sorry. You know some people are envious of other people and could apread qord against her. I hope not but it is better to be sure.
@rakski So that is why we should all be discerning of what to post at Fb.
@sjvg1976 (18388)
Sometimes our life style is related to our job. So we have to live according to our job. I know it's tough but can't be done anything.
Yes, that is true. And since it's the policy for our jobs, we should abide by it. Besides, even if we aren't mandated by our jobs to tone down, I think, we really should so as not to appear as braggarts.
@mydanods (6738)
• Nigeria
You can change your job if you don't like it.