Wow! Mango Trees Are Wearing Blossom Shawl!

@franxav (5204)
Last year, mango blossoms appeared in January itself. But this year we couldn't see any blossoms on the mango trees of our garden and even outside until the end of January. We sadly said this year would be one of those lean years of poor mango crops. No, we were wrong. In the second week of February, almost all mango trees are so laden with blossoms that they have covered the leaves. And that has brought smile on the face of mango farmers and of course on the face of my urchins. Their mouths are already beginning to water. Let the mango fruits appear, they will be the first ones to taste this year's fruit. Amrapali, Himsagar, Langda, Alfonso, Khojli are some of varieties found in our region. What are mangoes like at your place?
We do not have them here, that I know of.
Same here in Canada: no mango tree. @andriaperry
@oahuwriter (2758)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I've seen the ever so popular in Hawaii Haden mango, my favorite, which are huge and sweet. We have Chinese mango which everyone makes mango seed with pickling it to a sweet sour balanced taste. These 2 are the two types of mangoes I'm familiar with on Oahu. What I do with the half ripe Haden magoes is peel them and cut them up in nice mouthwatering pieces. Make a sauce of soy, sugar and pepper mixture to dip the mouthwatering Haden magoes and enjoy! Seems you will have a huge harvest of mangoes this year, terrific! How to make pickled magoes: Chinese mangoes: https://youtu.be/axXfWtrhvcs
A Hawaii favorite, this pickled mango recipe is a great way to enjoy mangoes all summer long! Sweet, sour, tangy and perfectly crunchy..is your mouth waterin...
@franxav (5204)
Having a look at the blooms makes us expect a huge harvest. But windy days are just around the corner. Strong winds might shatter quite a lot of it.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@franxav That happens here on Oahu too. Mangoes are a good fruit too for your health. Let's hope that the breezes will be kind to the mango flowers this year.
@josie_ (7410)
This is a variety of mango tree I'm not familiar with. Unusual foliage and flowers. In the Philippines the popular variety is the "carabao mango" exported worldwide as "Manila super mango" although it is grown in the province of Zambales which the World Guinness Book of Record once listed as the producer of the sweetest mango in the world.
@franxav (5204)
Glad to know about "Carabao mango".
I wish we had a mango tree here.
@prashu228 (25797)
I am waiting for all those mango dishes...
This has never happened. This year we seem to have two crops. We already harvested and I see loads of flowers again.on our benett alphonso mango tree
@sol_cee (15918)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Beautiful! And the scent must be lovely too.
There are no mango trees where I live.
@Icydoll (22498)
Those mango blossoms are awesome
No mango growing in Latvia but I am glad you will have a good mango crop.
@miketagz (7494)
I love mangoes, from main dish to desert.