Art Nouveau

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
Art Nouveau was written by Otto Lorenz and published by Bibliophile books in 1985. It is a lovely book full of lots of lovely colourful Art Nouveau pictures and posters. It is a big book and many of the pictures take up one or two pages. It is the sort of book that people might buy just for the pictures so that they can cut the pictures out and frame them. However , I am not going to do this because it would ruin the book.
I like Art Nouveau and Art Deco. I have a book by Erté offered by my mother-in-law.
@millie02 (6908)
Do you often look at this book and does it have lots of lovely pictures in it? I love these books that have pictures in because you can learn just as much about art by looking at pictures as you can from reading the text.
@millie02 I do not look at the book often, but there is a picture every two pages.
@millie02 (6908)
@LadyDuck Lovely, I enjoy the pictures as much as the writing in this sort of book.
@nitirrbb7 (3223)
Even me to why cut them if they look neat inside the book
@millie02 (6908)
People often cut pictures out of old books and frame them to make decorative artwork for interior designers and such. They do make nice pictures , but I think it is a shame when books are ruined.
@nitirrbb7 (3223)
@millie02 Agreed, I also feel its an insult to books treating them that way
@millie02 (6908)
@nitirrbb7 It is, especially with books that are really old. These books can be rare and may never be printed again.
Yes, it would ruin the book. Sounds like a nice book.
@millie02 (6908)
It is the sort of book that I could bring down from my bookcase when I do not want to do any heavy reading. This is because the pictures tell a story in themselves and I can spend a long time just looking at them.
@millie02 I'm sure you could.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Glad you can enjoy your pictures and posters. I have not seen this book.
@millie02 (6908)
I love looking at pictures and posters in books just as much as I enjoy reading them. When my eyes are tired I like to sit and look through picture books .
That is a book I would look through.
@millie02 (6908)
Are you interested in art? Perhaps you could find a copy of this book or something similar. This book is still being sold online or perhaps you could find one in a used book shop.
This looks neat.
@millie02 (6908)
It is neat and very interesting too. Do you enjoy reading this sort of book?
Really nice