Birthday weekend in Charleston, SC

@1creekgirl (11942)
My husband and I drove to our daughter's home in Charleston to celebrate her birthday. We did a little shopping along the way (it's about a six hour drive if we don't stop), but we always take our time and have lunch along the way. All our kids and grandkids were there, except for our oldest grandson in Maine and his little three year old. Friday night we all sat around talking, then Saturday morning our daughter, her 27 year old daughter, and I went shopping at some really cute shops. It was so much fun, it's something the three of of seldom get to enjoy together. The guys stayed home to cut down a tree in my daughter and son-in-law's back yard. (Glad we went shopping!) That night we all had supper at a very quaint restaurant in downtown Charleston. It was an old house in the historic district that is now a restaurant. Loved the atmosphere, but wasn't really crazy about the red grits. The best part though was just all of us being together. Back at home later, we did the birthday thing with cake, ice cream, and gifts. Then we played a board game called "Say Anything" that was hilarious. It's a great game for all ages if you haven't played it. We headed out Sunday morning and got home around 6pm. It was such a blessing to be able to have all our kids together. As we all age and as grandkids grow up with their own busy lives, being all together is something we truly appreciate. Hope you guys had a great weekend also. We're planning to visit a friend's church tonight for a mid-week service. See 'ya!
Sounds like your weekend was a great one. Happy birthday to your daughter.
@1creekgirl (11942)
I appreciate that, Kandase. My daughter was a Leap Year baby, so didn't get to celebrate on the actual birthday.
@FayeHazel (19863)
@1creekgirl No way. I have a friend who is a leap birthday
@FayeHazel (19863)
Happy birthday to your daughter! I'm happy that it was a special day
@1creekgirl (11942)
Thanks, Faye. She's usually the one arranging everything for everyone else, so it was nice we could do that for a change for her.
@FayeHazel (19863)
@1creekgirl What a sweet person. I'm sure she appreciated it
That was nice for you to take that ride. I would love to go out soon. But ot that far.
@1creekgirl (11942)
Yeah, I wish it were a lot closer!
@1creekgirl That is very nice that you were at least that close to see them. I wish more visits for you.
Glad you had a wonderful time visiting for your daughters birthday. Lovely picture you posted. You are so right when you say as the grandkids age it's harder to find time to visit. I'm finding the same thing. My oldest grandkids are busy now starting careers etc.
@1creekgirl (11942)
I know they get busy with life, but they won't realize how important family is until they're the grandparents.
@nela13 (8259)
• Portugal
Happy birthday to your daughter. The three look fantastic
@1creekgirl (11942)
Thank you for the compliment.
So good to hear that you spent a wonderful time with family!
@1creekgirl (11942)
Thanks, family really is so important.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Sounds like a great family reunion. I would have stayed home cutting down the tree (I hate shopping). Your board game 'Say anything' sounded interesting. How do you played that?
@1creekgirl (11942)
For that game, one person picks a question from the deck, then everyone answers the way they think that one person would answer. When the reader chooses the best answer, that person gets a point. It's very simple and all ages can play. It can bet very silly and fun.
I absolutely LOVE Charleston. Glad you all had a good time.
@1creekgirl (11942)
Isn't it the neatest place? There's so much history and such a beautiful place.
@nitirrbb7 (3735)
Wonderful picture. Happy Birthday To Your Daughter.
@1creekgirl (11942)
Thank you, my daughter and granddaughter look more like my husband's side of the family.
@nitirrbb7 (3735)
@1creekgirl Yeah they seem too, but I feel that your granddaughter is a little bit like you.
@1creekgirl (11942)
@nitirrbb7 I think you're right. My granddaughter has the dark long hair, but is built thin like me (well, I used to be!), but our daughter got her fuller figure from her daddy's side.
@YrNemo (14710)
Three generations! (I thought both were your daughters .)
@1creekgirl (11942)
It was a great day!
@YrNemo (14710)
That was great that you had a nice trip and a nice day.
@1creekgirl (11942)
It really was a special weekend.