How Knotty

Peoria, Arizona
What can I say! I am a knotty girl! ;) I have fairly thick hair. I always have, it is just so thick. I got it from my grandma, her hair used to be so thick, but it starting thinning out very early. Mine hasn't, yet. I don't know if it ever will. But I have a constant battle with my hair. Around 2 years ago, I chopped the back of my hair completely because it was just filled with knots. It was disgusting. Which was my fault, it wasn't really being lazy, depression kind of does that to a person. Brushing my hair was the last thing on my mind when the boding thought of self hatred and self doubt were always there. But when I do not pay attention to my hair it is just instantly a knot. I cannot go a whole day without finding another knot in my hair because it is so thick. So I have to brush my hair every few hours and so far I have been doing that. For like over 2 weeks actually. If I keep this up for another week, it will become a habit and I won't forget to brush my hair! If you have hair that requires constant attention, how often do you brush your hair? I know most brush it twice a day. Some maybe a bit more.
If you keep brushing every day without fail, it will become a habit. My hair is thick with waves and curls. I straighten it so that it is more under control. With it straightened, I only have to brush it a few times a day.
• Peoria, Arizona
My hair is very very wavy so I understand haha I don't like straightening my hair, I like all the volume and fluff!
If I brush my hair it gets all frizzy. The only time I can brush it is when it's very wet right after toweling off after my shower. I would love if my hair was thick it's gotten so much thinner after having kids.
@sabtraversa (12982)
@shaggin I'm used to the comb making sparkles when I brush. It's also pretty cool to see my hair sticking onto the walls!
@sabtraversa oh man I hate static
• Peoria, Arizona
I like hardcore brush my hair when I'm in the shower because it makes it easier to brush it.
I, too, have a head of thick hair. I run a comb through it a couple of times a day, and brush it before bed.
• Peoria, Arizona
I can't even use a comb my hair is so thick haha
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
I don't have hair so one less thing to worry about
• Peoria, Arizona
Haha well that is one thing!
@sabtraversa (12982)
Here I am! Well, it started to get knotty when I decided to let my hair grow. I forgot how annoying long hair was. I usually brush it when I need to go out, and lately it hasn't been everyday. It takes some time but eventually I get it done. In the meanwhile, while I watch a video or have my hands free somehow, I pass my fingers through the hair like a comb, and get rid of a few knots. There are times they can't be called knots anymore, they should be called... uhm... dreadlocks.
• Peoria, Arizona
I have had the dreadlock knots before, and I normally cut them all out haha