I am suffering from ocd

New Delhi, India
I am finally sure . I am sure that I am suffering from ocd. 8 years ago when I had to go to a doctor as I had a habit of alot of day-dreaming . When I spoke to a psychiatrist he said that this is probably a case of ocd. Now I feel that he was absolutely right. Yes I feel that I am having obsessive thoughts, and compulsions i.e. obsessive thoughts that are fictional and then my compulsions . What do u think is excess of lack of focus a sign of ocd?
Your fear of the thoughts and compulsions are what is keeping your problem going. I you just let the thoughts come and go and do not attach danger to them, they will eventually go away. What compulsions do you have?
• New Delhi, India
Taking some actions as if they are really happening and talk to myself
@Swayamsiddha Well, you do have control of the muscles of your body, so you can practice not talking to yourself. Since you can control the muscles of your body, you can frustrate the impulse to take those actions. It takes practice to use muscle control, but anyone can do it, and the benefits are great due to symptoms going away.
• New Delhi, India
@Corbin5 Well what exactly is muscle control's definition?
@anikoonline (2979)
• Hungary
Does ocd cause you a problem in your everyday life?
• New Delhi, India
Yup it does
• Hungary
@Swayamsiddha I am sorry. I hope that you can hadle it better with your diagnosis.
• New Delhi, India
@anikoonline Hope so
It's not that bad. Just stay calm
• New Delhi, India
I am worried about the consequences in future
@Swayamsiddha If you are already worried then it won't help
• New Delhi, India
@thesupersingh You are right. First I have to cool down
It's best to let your psychiatrist handle this. Your lack of attention sounds like Attention Deficit Disorder to me.
• New Delhi, India
I must show myself to the psychiatrist. Only that peron can diagnose me with a proper disorder.
@Swayamsiddha True! Good luck.
I am not sure but I am glad the psychiatrist may have figured that out. What are the next steps for you?
• New Delhi, India
I'd like to meet that doctor again.
@1hopefulman (27380)
So what is this ocd doing to you?
• New Delhi, India
I randomly get intruisive thoughts, I randomly get thoughts out of nowhere , its like I am sitting here and suddenly I get a thought of a situation which I think repeatedly and this leads to my fears .
@1hopefulman (27380)