My Brother's Salary

My youngest brother is graduating this March. He's done with all his requirements and supposedly graduated in December of last year. He doesn't want to graduate so he signed the graduation application form for March instead. While waiting for his graduation, his boss from his part-time job considered him as a full time employee. He is now earning for a living. I don't ask money from him. In January, he handed me some amount that will help me with expenses in our apartment. His February salary is on hold because he can't acquire or apply for a bank account. He doesn't have government IDs yet. His boss is willing to credit the amount on my bank account but he needs a bank account similar to his. So he can do a bank-to-bank transfer. I have BPI and RCBC but not BDO (these are abbreviations of banks here). I will go to BDO tomorrow to open an account so my brother can get his salary.
@cttolledo (4459)
We have BDO for the salary and BPI for the reimbursement. Congratulations to your brother, its nice to know that he has the initiative to give you money without asking.
What is the reimbursement for?
@cttolledo (4459)
@jobelbojel thats the expenses for our day to day office transaction. Usually I paid it first then reimburse to the company later. Also thats for those reimbursement for medical benefits.
@cttolledo that is nice of your employer.
@sol_cee (15404)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Congratulations to your brother! You must be proud of him Jobel-san.
Yes, I am very proud brother.
@hereandthere (31001)
congrats to your brother, and it's nice that he contributed something to your budget. maybe you can make the bdo account a joint account later when he finally has his government IDs.
Once he has his govt IDs, the company will issue him payroll ATM.
@jobelbojel then you'll close your bdo account? maybe he can apply for a postal ID for the meantime.
@hereandthere I think I will. I already have an account from the other bank.
@JustBhem (36754)
• Davao, Philippines
You must be proud of your Brother. Congrats to him.
Thank you Bhem. Very proud!
@JustBhem (36754)
• Davao, Philippines
@jobelbojel And it would be a lot easier now since he can have his share of the apartment you have.
@JustBhem Yes, I can save some amount from my salary.
@vsai2008 (7835)
Congratulations..have a great celebration :)
Thank you!!!
@vsai2008 (7835)
@jobelbojel welcome :) I hope the bank account opening went well..
@vsai2008 it wasn't successful. I posted a new discussion about it. And I did not see your question before posting it.
So good to hear your brother is doing so well. Glad you can help him out so that he can get paid.
I am happy for him he was able to get a job.
@1hopefulman (28383)
Do what you need to do to help your brother!
I will go to the bank today and get an atm.
• Cuddalore, India
you can easily open a bank from home itself within ten minutes.Your active will be active in ten minutes and as soon as you can send or receive funds.
That I think not possible here. Haven't heard of onlinr application.
@ridingbet (52704)
i think salaries here can be withdrawn from the employee's bank account, like me in Kuwait. i took my salary this morning and it was in a pay envelop
I don't know they don't have that cash payment.
@nela13 (6876)
• Portugal
Here It is quite easy open a bank account. Glad that your brother has a good job and kudos for you both for helping each other
@anikoonline (3166)
• Hungary
Congrats for his job! I hope he will enjoy his first job and you can celebrate his graduation soon!
Congratulations to your brother and I wish him well in his career. Hopefully, soon he will receive the necessary credentials. I think it's wonderful that he contributed to the household expenses without being asked. That's a good sign of character.
@rakski (15788)
good for him. And it is nice for him to give you some money for expenses. What a responsible brother he is.