How did your parents come together?

@mydanods (6747)
Nigeria
My parents met through an introduction. My father was looking for a woman because he thought he had come of age and announced that intention to his friends. Somebody told him he would introduce him to someone. So, an introduction was arranged that the both of them should spend the time together as partners in preaching the good news. They struck it off immediately and after some months decided to tie the knot. To this day, even in their old age, my parents still remember that day they spent together preaching because while doing so, my father forgot his umbrella at the house of someone. My mother says he was love struck that's why. Do you have a fun story about how your parents met?
@dodo19 (33674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
My parents met through mutual friends in New York. Both my parents are from Montreal originally, but my dad was studying in New York city at the time. One weekend, my mom went to New York with her friend, and they had dinner with the friend of my mom's friend. That friend of a friend knew my dad, and the four of them had dinner. That's what my parents told me.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
I love that. Your parents must have found true love.
@dodo19 (33674)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@mydanods Unfortunately not quite. Sadly, they are no longer together.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@dodo19 Did the breakup affect you?
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hello. My parents met when my dad and his family rented a place in my mom's parents' house. My mom was a teacher and was doing teaching stuff and my dad started helping her out. I think my mom thought that my dad would be her soon-to-be-husband and indeed he was.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
That was romantic. Your mum's parents must have been horrified that the tenant's son was dating their daughter behind their back. Parents here would be.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@mydanods indeed that was what happened because my grandparents did not like my dad for my mom. They thought he was good for nothing guy. But in the twist of fate, my dad was the one helping my grandparents when they were alive.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@mlgen1037 I like the" love always wins" stories. This one is one of them.
@prashu228 (25504)
Nothing fun , its an arranged marriage like its common here..
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
My brother's was arranged. Surprisingly, arranged marriages last very long.
@prashu228 (25504)
@mydanods yes..they do
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@prashu228 But would you want one?
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
My parents met through our family members because my mom is the daughter of my grandpa's friend. When my drandpa went to her home he has seen my mom and he was so much impressed by her and they have decided to be merry her with my dad and that's how relation begins
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
Quite some romantic story there. Your grandpa must be happy with the outcome.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
@mydanods yes for that my papa has gave up on his gf
Not a fun story, I know that my parents met at the marriage of one of his cousin.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
These things happen very often. Two people go to a wedding, they meet, fall in love and then get married. No wonder weddings are very popular amongst young people.
My parents met in high school but were just friends. After graduation and college, they later ran into each other at a club. They have been together 27 years.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
They have been together for enough time to see their grandchildren. Have you given them any grandchildren? For them to celebrate their good parenting of you?
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
It was arranged marriage all this I know.. nothing else.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
The great thing is that it lasted and you came forth. Would you agree to arranged marriage?
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
@mydanods I won't marry in my life.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@mohit459 So decide to remain single for reasons best known to them. I'm single but intend marrying. Why don't you want to marry in your life?
@zarlamain (24885)
My parents had an arranged marriage. My maternal grandfather was sick at the time and wanted to marry off his last child, my mother quickly. My father's parents showed up and said they were interested in having my father marry my mother since they were the same age and both graduated high school already. The marriage happened three weeks later and 39 years later, they are still married. Also, fortunately my maternal grandfather only had a health scare.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
That's a really interesting story. It got me going waow! What a marriage. Youths of today do not like arranged marriages but time and again, it has been shown that it works. My brother is also an example.
@zarlamain (24885)
@mydanods Yes! There were many up and downs in their marriage, but they are still together to this day. Definitely. There's this misconception that arranged marriages don't work, but to be honest, love can happen after marriage. It doesn't always have to happen before. Also, love isn't everything in a marriage according to everyone I've ever met who had arranged marriages. I have so many family members who did the exact same thing and they are all married to this day. No divorces whatsoever.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@zarlamain What I think is very important and even the most important in a marriage is applying Bible principles. When both partners do so, love and all other things happen instantaneously.