Daily devotionals

@Raj7779 (2922)
Ahmednagar, India
I've been familiar with what I've known as daily devotionals for most of my life. Books written in snippets of information, intended to be read each snippit at a time, on a daily basis for the purpose of meditating on the information. Most of these books I have come in contact with have been religious in nature. But there are also books written with similar intentions for career growth/improvement, mental focus, health knowledge/practice, creative growth/development and many more. Do you read these type books? Do you use them daily as they are intented? Do you thumb through to gleen information that matters to you? Do you have a favorite one you would like to recommend here?
I am not in touch with anything that you described. I am going to try to locate a book on a subject you mentioned. Thank you.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
I used a daily devotional series once in order to read the bible through in one year. I enjoyed it.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
Some of those books are called the daily manna here.
@mydanods Oh that is good I am going to check amazon to see what I can find here. Thank you
I have been reading the "Daily Word" booklet for years - but not recently.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
Guideposts were always around my house wehn I was growing up. I agree, it is nice to start each day with positive thoughts.