Saturday silliness: Lucy meets Harpo

Los Angeles, California
Who does not love “I Love Lucy”? This scene is one of the funniest and clever when Lucy does the old mirror act with the legendary Harpo of the Marx Bros. Harpo was the harp playing horn honking girl chasing silent brother. The episode takes place during the Hollywood stay of the Ricardo’s and Mertez’s while Ricky is making a movie. Lucy wants to impress visiting nearsighted neighbor Caroline by having her meet movies stars but Lucy can’t deliver any so she dresses up as Harpo. However, Ricky has arranged for Harpo to come over. The usually unflappable Harpo is astounded to see his double. A brilliant routine by two comedy masters.
I Gratefully Acknowledge The Administrators (CBS) Who Have Released Their Claim So That This Video Might Be Viewed I Ask That They Please Accept My Heartfelt...
@kobesbuddy (55260)
• East Tawas, Michigan
They were two genuine comedians, one cut above all the rest, in my opinion:) I loved all her shows! Ricky Ricardo? He was a bimbo, from my perspective
@spiderdust (7202)
• San Jose, California
I've always loved this sketch. I was a Lucy fan as a kid, and Harpo was my favorite Marx brother.
@FourWalls (15217)
I know that comedy (all art forms, actually) is subjective, but I worry about people who don’t love Lucy. The slapstick she performed is just magical.
This is just so clever. Thanks for putting up the link. I might never have seen it otherwise.
I Love Lucy never played down under?
@JohnRoberts I'm sure it did but we were out in the sticks when TV was just coming in and didn't have reception for years so there is a lot of shows I missed.
@dgobucks226 (13788)
What a thrill for Lucy to work with one of the Marx Bros. Harpo's visual comedy was priceless and without peer. I can picture him playing the harp in those classic Marx Brothers movies!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I love this scene. It was one of the best of the show.
You mean you watch a black and white show from 35 years before you were born lol???
A true classic piece of comedy. Often duplicated, but never topped.
I remember that I Love LUcy it was a good one!
I remember seeing that hilarious bit several times. Both were exceptional at comedic timing.
I remember this one. Definitely worth it to watch the masters of comedy do their thing.