Happy Sunday

I'm finally back after that Friday storm knocked out my cable so I had no internet. I'm very luck as many people a few blocks from me and around the town have no power and it won't be back on until Wed. I am definitely counting my blessing. The storm roared through here on Friday, my lights flickered on and off all day with the fierce winds but we didn't get as much snow as I thought we would get. Again, we were lucky because just north of us they got between 12 and 18 inches (that's where my son and my daughter live). I kept myself busy and although I missed everyone here I really didn't miss the internet as much as I thought I would. Yes, it's convenient but being away from the computer was a nice little break. However, not having tv to watch was harder. Since my cable has my phone, internet and cable when it went out it took all three. I just wanted to check in and say hello and see if I've missed anything. Did I?
Just the usual..lucky here storm wise..no big problems.
Glad you didn't get hit with that storm. Caused lots of problems here on the highways and with power outages.
@Marilynda1225 We had the big winds but no snow and little rain.
Have a good Sunday morning and full speed ahead with your internet back.
I feel like I missed so much. At least today is sunny and a good portion of the snow has already melted.
@bunnybon7 (36425)
• Holiday, Florida
everything is internet here. no longer like paying those cable bills and just got a break from my phone payment. though it cost my changing a bunch of things
I have all mine with the cable company (phone, internet and tv cable) so when it goes out all three go out. I hope we get a refund for the time we were without useage
@bunnybon7 (36425)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marilynda1225 you might if you really keep after them over it
I don't think you've missed anything It seems there is incredibly bad weather in a number of places.
I thought winter was just about over here and we'd be heading into spring but this storm was pretty bad and another following mid-week so I guess winter is here to stay for awhile longer.
@Marilynda1225 Our son in Ireland had a red alert day when they had to stay in all day. It didn't worry them too much.
Did you lose power too, or just cable? We lost power two times, then just cable. but lights still flickered off and on for about 3 hours. I've been coming on mylot less, over the last month, and I feel much happier that way. But still love to come check in on some people daily.
We just lost cable but our electrics stayed on so I was able to do everything except use the phone, internet or watch tv. I managed to get a lot done without being on the computer especially reading which I love and never seem to find time lately. Glad you're doing well and that you're still checking in here even if you don't spend as much time as you used to. Being here can be addictive
@Marilynda1225 we lost cable too, but still had power. 2-3 hours. So we listebed to music and played darts.
I am glad to see you back. Sometimes being without Internet is not too bad, we are forced to do things that we procrastinate.
I was able to catch up on a lot of things around the house since we still had power. It was good to take a little break
@Marilynda1225 I know that when my computer needed a new power supply and I had to wait two days before my husband fixed it, I did a lot of things in the house.
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
No internet??? That is impossible lol
Imagine not having internet!!! crazy
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
@Marilynda1225 i would die. It is impossible to live like that
@Blondie2222 (21747)
Glad you have power back and got your TV again. I hate when we lose power also. With the winter storm we got Friday alot of people lost power for over 24 hours but we were lucky and did not lose it.
Same here. A few blocks away people have no power here and still have none. The crews are out but so many people are without power that it's going to take days for them to get everyone back up and running.
Happy Sunday my friend.
Hope you had a good Sunday too TR
My son lost power at our home for 11 hours, but was smart enough to figure out how to use our generator. A neighbor's tree fell on the wires and knocked out the transmission box. All good and happy now.
Glad your son was able to figure out the generator and that tree didn't fall on anyones house. Watching the news here after the storm and seeing the damage from falling trees was horrible.
Glad you didn't get all the snow and your power is back on. There are times that I step away from the computer for a few hours at a time when I'm home and just have other things to do.
I'm finding myself stepping away more and more each day.
It is nice to be away from the computer, but only when we choose to.
Since I had no choice I made the best of it and enjoyed doing other things.
Almost sounds like a vacation on a deserted island-minus the snow. I used to welcome down time like that, especially from the phone and internet. You probably enjoyed more then you missed here. Welcome back.
We got a little less than 6 inches of snow but since it's sunny today half of it is already melted. It was nice having a mini vacation from both the phone and internet but I did miss watching tv.
youre not alone i also missed a lot here in mylot since im also out most of these days
So glad you did not experience the worst of it. I don't think you missed anything since I cannot remember anything of note most of the time.
@Raj7779 (2933)
• Ahmednagar, India
Welcome back and god bless you.
Hello and nice to see you.Miss anything not that I know of.You miss reading my post.
Hahahahahaha sorry I missed your post but I was thinking of you just the same
@Marilynda1225 thank you.
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
Welcome back !