Pure Joy

Pure joy.....yes that is what our son brings to my heart. Just plain and simple, pure joy. He stopped in for a really quick visit a little while ago. He loves bacon and eggs and knows what time I'm making these, and stopped in just in time to join us for some. Earlier today I was thinking that it was 26 years ago today that we laid our little girl to rest. Out in that cold and snow-covered cemetery. And how cold I felt, physically which was a result of the numbness inside of me. And today, it is so beautifully sunny. And our son came by and reminded me that my life is great and he is the source of our greatest joy. What brings you your greatest joy in this world? ~Photo is of my son & I
I hope I am not upsetting you. Please just delete if I am but how did you move on to where you are today? MY mom has begun to suffer in ways not many can understand. I can't dare put some stuff here. But I was just wondering. Thank you.
You do not upset me. I have thought of you and your family so many times since your brother passed. Our children are our future, and our life, right? So when we lose that we have to refocus on what we have. That is what my husband and I did. We realized that we were both (relatively) healthy and that our son was also. And we started to count our blessings right there. The Bereaved Parents Group called us and wanted us to join, but it just sounded like a pity party club and we didn't want any part of it. We made our minds up pretty quickly that we would live thru this together. We still speak her name, we will talk about her once in a while, but usually alone. We were told that if we didn't communicate with our family (that was him and I) then our relationship would begin to break down and eventually end over that lack of communication and trust. Try little bits at a time with your Mom. And ask about things that you know will bring back fond memories.
@Juliaacv If you knew you would understand it's not possible. I think there is more regret than admitted. I have chosen to stay away. I have not seen her in weeks. She has fallen so low to the point the other siblings have spoken of how it's not nice. I am fine for the most part. Thank you.
@sharon6345 Sharon, if you ever need help, you know to send me a pm, right?
He's SO tall!!!!! Sorry for how you felt years ago, but glad you felt joy today. I may be a young mom, and without her kid, but I do know that our kids will do that to us. As they are the best thing to happen to us.
Yes, they are the very best thing to happen to us. And that's what makes me wonder. Its so easy to have a grown child, even a young adult and look back at their baby pictures and think that you see the traits that they possess, but when they are taken from us right after that first baby picture, that is when your mind wanders. And you feel like there are so many questions unanswered. Our son has been such a joy, and he lost his sister, and has been left an only child as a result, but he never complains and has always been there for us. The 3 of us are so strong, and so happy when we are together.
@Juliaacv You're definitely all strong! And I'm so glad you're all happy when together, and he's there for you. Great parenting by you guys, is shown through him. As i'm very sure it would have been through your daughter too. And I feel so bad you didn't get these years with her. The unanswered questioned must be tough to deal with. I know mine are about my daughter..
@Courtlynn Privately, when its just me and him, and usually when 1 of us and that's usually me, is missing her so much and crying, he will tell me that we won't even know when our heart stops beating because as soon as those gates swing open our questions will be answered, and she'll be there to greet us. It sucks that we were told just hours before she was born that my health was too weak to have any more. But......hopefully there will be grandchildren.
You both look very happy! Your son is so tall. Is he still growing? :-)
Thank you. Yes, he is very tall, he stands about 6ft 3 inches I believe. But he's 28 not, so his growing, in height has stopped. Any photo that he's in has to be taken from a distance so that his head isn't cut off. This one wasn't very good because my husband took it and was standing pretty close to us.
@Juliaacv An easy way to solve this problem is to sit down on a sofa side by side.
@MALUSE No, he is tall when he is sitting down too.
In devastating times the best thing we can do is count our blessings! I am so glad you have your son to brighten your days. =)
As long as I can remember I wanted a son. He really is our everything.
@Juliaacv That is so awesome! =)
@LovingMyBabies He is my dream come true. And he lives up to it, he's never let us down.
It shows that he makes you happy, but I see that he is also happy to stay with you.
Yes, you are right. He loves to come around Dad and I and just be together.
@Juliaacv You are a lucky mom.
@LadyDuck I am, and I thank the Good Lord for him and the relationship that we share each and every night.
What a wonderful photo!!! Yes, he is your greatest joy. Our son, our only child, is ours. Like your son, our son towers over me, and my husband too.
The wind beneath our wings aren't they?
@Juliaacv They certainly are!! Our boys really do light up our lives.
@dodo19 (32527)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Kids can definitely bring us a lot of joy. I love my kids and wouldn't trade them for anything.
You're very blessed to have 3 children. Our second one passed away, and we have always realized that life is precious, but moreso after the loss of her.
@dodo19 (32527)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv I'm definitely lucky to have the three that I have. It must have been hard when your second passed away. Life is so precious.
@dodo19 A couple of days before we had her, my health was bad, and they advised us then that we couldn't have any more, and I had this sinking feeling all thru that pregnancy that I'd only ever have 1 child. But his life is precious and we have really focused on that and been thankful for that. Its been a life saver.
• Peoria, Arizona
You two are so cute! And my is he so tall! I'm glad he stopped by for you and is able to make you smile when somber memories come in. We all need someone like that.
Thank you. My Dad was about the same height, and our son favours him in the looks department. He has always been able to bring a big smile to our faces, even before he was born. Sometimes I don't know what we did to deserve someone so kind and warm.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Juliaacv Gosh that is so precious!
@DesirousDreamer Thanks, we always thought so too, and he's even named after Papa.
• Portland, Connecticut
Your son looks a lot like you proud mama, my children and grandchildren are my great joy along with Al who is my everything.
Thanks, we share my Dad's blue eyes but he is the spitting imagine of Papa, to whom he is named after.
@deba12 (1204)
Your photo reflects your inner joy. I think great sons are blessings of God.
I couldn't agree with you more, they are a blessing from above.
I havee no children and at the moment I cant name something that brings joy into my life.
Nothing at all, no memories or other family members? Or even July 20th?
Glad you had a good visit with your son.
Thanks, he made our day today.
That's a lovely photo and isn't he tall? How nice that he calls in for bacon and eggs.
That's our boy, put a plate in front of him and his blue eyes will light up and he'll smile from ear to ear. He found a box of chocolates sitting around that I had received from my husband for Valentines, and he finished that off too........he made me laugh.
@Icydoll (14354)
my family they are the greatest joy in this world . Your picture is awesome and your son is adorable.
Thank you. Where would we be without our beloved family members?
@AliCanary (1780)
I think I get my greatest joy from my family, too. My friends are also pretty spectacular, and I also get a great lift from being outdoors in beautiful weather. Thanks for sharing this wonderful pic!
Thanks. I think that family is the best and most important thing in my life because of the joy that they bring to me.
My children and grandchildren.
And me.....Alfredo, you forgot about me. JK
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
Both are looking cool When I am with my parents it gives me a greatest joy
Thanks.
@mandala100 (39104)
@Juliaacv My wife and my daughter and the rest of the family members: my mom and youngest brother and his family.
Sounds beautiful!
I would have to say my husband. It is wonderful that he stopped in for a visit.
My children and grandchildren are my biggest joys. I can't imagine life without them. Second is coffee