React: Do you encounter counterfeit money?

reactfakemoney
@miketagz (7494)
Good day! It's Show Time! Miketagz Again! Are you aware of your money? The recent stories about the pastor: He offer any amount of money that will help to aid his church community, one day he went to bank and request to deposit his money and the teller said "one of your paper bills was fake" and pastor was arguing that it is a real money. The teller and the bank manager examine the money if he's telling the truth and after 10-15 minutes, the bank manager told by him that it's a fake money and he explain that "paper bill should reveal secret information but this one look real but not a correct format" Pastor decide to go home. Poor pastor, someone put fake money without his own knowledge Do you have similar experience like this one? Fake money is everywhere. Please be aware...
No not that I know of, but heard of it before.
@miketagz (7494)
@TRBRocks420 Oh I see, double check your money to be sure that is real.
The bad news is I can't tell the counterfeit money. The good news I hardly will get counterfeit money. And a better news is today we don't have to use cash as we prefer to use mobile phone to pay. Even if a street vendor likes it. I also like it because it is much more convenient. This is why today I don't have much cash with me. I also don't have to get cash from ATM.
@miketagz (7494)
You can actually buy scanning device and its useful when you are commuting buses, taxis and tricycles that only accept cash.
@miketagz A phone can deal all of it. It is no need to have scanning device.
@miketagz (7494)
@youless yes but if there's a uv light detector. It depends on unit.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
That's never happened to me and I'm not sure if you can get the money exchanged at the bank if it's not your fault or whether you lose it. Some shops have a little machine they can scan a note with to see if it's genuine.
@miketagz (7494)
@sprite1950 Now a days, people prefer cards than cash.
@sprite1950 (14498)
• Corsham, England
@miketagz Yes I tend to use my card for payments although I carry a little cash.
@miketagz (7494)
@sprite1950 Me too, and I have a customer recently to bought promo fare on local airline because she don't have cash so I decide to use my card as well.
@1hopefulman (30261)
I have never had a problem that I am aware of. So as far as I know, I have never encountered counterfeit money and I hope I never do. These days, I am using my credit cars for all purchases and I get points that can be used to pay for purchases.
@1hopefulman (30261)
@miketagz We have to work harder and smarter to be ahead of the hackers.
I dont think I have ever encountered it. Or at least I didnt know about it!
@miketagz (7494)
@maezee I see that you use cards on making purchase. Right?
@MaciMaci (306)
• France
I've only heard stories but I've never seen any in real life... I hope I never do!
@miketagz (7494)
@MaciMaci Money can imitate too, need a extra caution.
@arunima25 (4697)
• Bangalore, India
Last week, my grocer returned me a 50 Rs note for change. After that I went to beauty parlor. I gave the same note to the lady there but she told me that it is a fake one. I never had an experience like that. I went back to the grocer and showed him the note. He was surprised that it was a fake note and he did not realize it while taking ti from one of his regular customers. He was good enough to exchange it with a real one. I never had any encounter with fake notes earlier. And this one happened just a week before. I never examined a note before accepting but now I would be more cautious after this incident. Most of my transactions are through credit cards and I use currency notes very rarely.
@miketagz I see them at places here in Jerusalem check the money to make sure it is not counterfeit. If they asked where I got I could not tell them because I go to many places.