You are holding up the line for this...really??

So, I mentioned earlier, I was going to go to Subway for lunch. It never fails there is someone in there ordering lunch for the whole office. Apparently, they already had paid for the order..OK here;s a thought, wait until the order is ready before you pick it up...! I mean if you are calling ahead anyway, why not just arrange to pick them up at a certain time..Then of course the guy had to make them..like 6 or 8 orders..and none of them really seemed to be right according to the person picking them up,,who had to keep calling back to the office...Geez. At least there weren't a lot of people in there..normally weekday lunchtime there are a lot of people in there. Next time check on the phone wait until they are ready and then pick up...No one wants to be held up..because Barb got green peppers instead of black olives..Has this ever happened to you?
No, never happened to me, but must have been very frustrating.
@mydanods (6758)
• Nigeria
Real frustrating indeed.
Like I said, it would have been a lot worse if there had been several people in there because often there is.
@mydanods (6758)
• Nigeria
I hate it when someone takes up the line because he is ordering for a crowd of people. The envy can make me anxious.
Setting it up in advance would have been so much better!
@mydanods (6758)
• Nigeria
@snowy22315 It shows thoughtfulness. Taking up the line for your gigantic order is wasting people's time too.
@mydanods Yes, it could have been handled better for sure.
@Daelii (5718)
Oh gosh that would be annoying! Whenever I do large orders I write it all down so its ready to give when placing order. I dont shop at subway after a worker flipped out because I didn't want cheese on a sub (dairy allergies)
She had them written down, but my point is have it all straight on the phone and arrange a pick up time instead of keeping all the customers waiting while the guy is making the orders.
@Daelii (5718)
@snowy22315 not all places do that. The subway here won't do phone orders
@Daelii Oh this one does. I know because I have used it.
This sounds frustrating. It never happened to me, but we have no places where to order and go to pick up orders.
It has happened at least twice there that I know of while I am in the shop.
@snowy22315 The customer service is no more what it used to be.
Never happened to us but thankfully we eat like an hour earlier, or an hour or two later, than everyone else lol. Glad thats over with for you today
Thanks..no damage done really...I just was pointing out there is a better way.
@snowy22315 oh probably.. almost always a better way to do stuff.
yes i've waited for about 30minutes before i got assisted because the customer before me ordered a lot
I didn't have to wait that long, it is just that it always seems to be happening when I go. Maybe I need to pick a different time..
@sol_cee (15860)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Frustrating!!
Yes, I bet the person picking up the order didn't like it either as she must have spent half her lunch hour trying to get the orders right.
In some instances, there are such better ways to do things but some people never bother to even try to think of them.
Yes, I mean they could have made sure the preparer understood the order fully and then had them make them so all the person had to do was pick it up..It would save stress on all considered.
Being there when lunch orders are being filled is quite a pain. I always try to avoid that lunch hour rush.
Yeah, I was just glad I wasn[t working behind the counter. I would zero patience for that.
• Peoria, Arizona
Never had that situation happen, i would have been standing back and kind of laughing but also feeling back for the person who is ordering, because I know if it was me I would have been having a meltdown.
She wasn't having a meltdown..it was those of us waiting who were lol..I am just kidding really. It could have been worse, and one time it was!
I was behind someone in Target who used her cell phone to scan tons of items in her cart. I know this is some money-saving app, but jeezzzzz, it took forever and she was really inconveniencing everyone else behind her. They need an app line or something.
Yeah, or then there is the person who has coupons but not for the right things or something like that, and everything has to be checked..sigh!
I haven't been there enough to run into that problem thankfully