Not Sure About This! Actually I Am!

@WorDazza (9799)
Manchester, England
Throughout my life I have come to realise that, generally speaking, humans aren't as hygienic as they could be! I have known the incredibly self-sufficient man who, during meetings at work, used to slip his fingers into the gaps between his shirt button to extract navel fluff which he would then surreptitiously eat. I have also known the man who used the threads from a decaying finger bandage as impromptu dental floss. And then there was the man who, after leaving the urinal, would dry his hands on the roller towel. WITHOUT WASHING THEM FIRST!!!!! I avoid the salad bar in our office canteen due to the number of people I've seen prodding, poking and picking stuff up with their fingers before deciding they don't actually want it, and then replacing it! I keep a bottle of hand sanitiser in my desk drawer because I've lost count of the number of times someone has walked out of a toilet cubicle and walked straight out of the toilets back to the office touching every door handle I have to touch on the way back!! Generally speaking we are a bunch of mingers!! So why oh why am I going to be interested in drinking my coffee from a cup that has been manufactured from recycled chewing gum. I'm being asked to press my lips against something that has been in someone else's mouth for a considerable amount of time. Someone else's mouth that could be a mass of STD induced sores or any other manner of foul pustules, boils and ulcers!! Indeed, one of my less hygienic colleagues could have vacated a toilet cubicle, left the toilets without even acknowledging the presence of soap and water, wrapped their chewing gum around their minging fingers then deposited it into a recycling bin to be used in a cup I will be drinking from. Not. A. Chance!! I think I'll be giving that particular piece of environmental friendliness a wide berth thank you very much!!
@xFiacre (4227)
@wordazza And then there is nasal excavation to contend with too. I try to avoid handrails; shaking hands is also to be avoided. I’d much rather just smile at a distance than touch a hand that might have just touched Big Willie. Or even Little Willie
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
I try to avoid door handles at work! There's nothing more disconcerting than wet door handles en-route from toilets to office!!!
Coffee cups from recyled chewing gum? Honestly? And who is going to supply the chewing gum pray tell? When we started converting the bus every seat had loads of chewing gum stuck underneath. Vince was telling my Mum about this and said that if he ever chewed gum as a kid he always swallowed to which her reply was 'is that why you're so stuck up?' She then spent the rest of the visit apologising profusely which was also pretty funny.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Like mother like daughter eh? I'm beginning to feel sorry for Vince The scheme is being trialled at a University campus in the UK. They have special chewing gum recycling bins which, incidentally, are made from recycled chewing gum!!
@WorDazza Sometimes people take things just a tad too far - and this is one of them. That's so gross
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@JudyEv I would agree. I mean who knows where students' mouths have been!!!
Isn't it fascinating that people survive at all?
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Maybe they are the strong ones! They've probably built up an immunity over the years. There'll be some devastating virus that wipes everyone out except these sort of people!! A bit like cockroaches after nuclear war!!
@WorDazza An interesting theory!
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@thehousewife The biggest cockroaches I've ever seen were in Cyprus. One year we were plagued by them. Gigantic flying things they were.
@nanette64 (17079)
• Fairfield, Texas
EWWWWWWW!! That is disgusting @WorDazza . Apparently these folks have no brain cells left.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
And with the first bloke that's probably because he's eaten them!!
@nanette64 (17079)
• Fairfield, Texas
@WorDazza Yeah, no shitski.
@TheSojourner (17488)
I think I want to throw up now. Thank you.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@CoralLevang Not the first time a woman has said that to me!! And probably won't be the last!!
@Daljinder (21017)
This post need a disclaimer! Like yesterday!!!
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
I thought that my name attached to a post should act as disclaimer enough!!
@DaddyEvil (23490)
• Aurora, Missouri
WOW! I won't be eating an time soon, WorDazza! Not after reading your discussion starter! I was just reading about Gumdrop a few days ago. I think it is admirable that they are finding so many ways to use things we have always considered unusable before... I KNOW they are sterilizing the abc-gum before reusing it, but I think I will make a concerted effort not to learn what all they are making from that gum!
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Yeah, it's probably best to exist in a state of blissful ignorance. It's worked for me for 52 years!!!
@DaddyEvil (23490)
• Aurora, Missouri
@WorDazza Yeah, for me, too! Except I've kept that state alive for 54 years!
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@DaddyEvil We should start a club!! The Blissfully Ignorant Old Farts!! You can be the honorary chairman as you are the oldest fart
Now I know that I am not going to have dinner tonight, I have lost my appetite here. I know that people are dirty. I keep a small bottle of hand sanitiser in my handbag and my friend think I am a germophobe.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Well there you go. Think of all those calories I've saved you. You can have a huge guilt-free blow-out on cakes once you've recovered
@WorDazza Thank you, thank you very much. I have prepared a chocolate mousse to recover.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck Glad to be of service. Call me anytime you need grossing out
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
Oh dear yes they are unhygienic. It makes you wonder how people survive. My pet hate is the carers who come to look after my doubly incontinent father without an apron and to think that to change him in the clothes that they are now going to go outside is a great idea. I did have to laugh on the day when I want a carer that if she didn't put an apron on she might be sorry. Let's just say she went home very wet and it wasn't water. Given these people have been given training in hygiene one wonders what they were listening to. There are also quite a few who don't understand that you take the rubber gloves off before you write up what you've done. This present agency is better but that's only after we have made quite a few complaints pointing out the hygiene angle.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
What you're telling me is worse than anything I've written!! I'm pretty sure that as soon as these people have finished their training it all just goes out of the window. Hygiene is time consuming and the one thing these people don't have is time!!
@Jackalyn (6616)
• Oxford, England
@WorDazza I actually find it staggering given that these people have done their NVQ 2. They have done hygiene training. The worst was when my mother complained about a woman changing my dad in her coat and she took it off and literally said "OK I'll take it off" and dropped it right where she was standing on the living room floor. Even the better carers seem totally unable to be consistent in using aprons.
I'm a germophobe, too! I don't blame you one bit.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
My worry is that they start using this stuff to make things and don't tell us what it's in!!
@pgntwo (21550)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
All in the fingers, and where they lingers, those dirty old mingers!
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Ain't that the truth. I shudder to think what lurks on my computer keyboard!!!
@pgntwo (21550)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@WorDazza Someone I knew had a colony of ants in his keyboard - bread-crumbs, we're told.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@pgntwo Wow! That is seriously impressive! At least that's given me a goal to aim for!!
@moffittjc (41159)
• Gainesville, Florida
I look at this entire situation a little differently...the more germs, microbes and virus we expose ourselves to, the more our bodies build up our immune systems to fight those germs. Now, with that in mind, it does bother me when people use the restroom and don't wash their hands when they finish!
@Gillygirl (17270)
• Sutton, England
I was about to have a little snack before I go to sleep but I feel very queasy now.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
You'll thank me later for saving you from unnecessary calories
People in general are gross.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
I'm with you on that! But some people are grosser than others!!!
• Riga, Latvia
For reasons like this I often am glad that I am all alone and there is no one around. I know that in my life I will have to deal with people eventually. My best protection is that I always know to take care of myself when it comes to cleanliness and avoid unsanitary people and conditions like the plague.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Yeah, I sometimes think the only way to stay healthy is to avoid other people!!
@YrNemo (11136)
Like one of my young relatives said one day, 'Be grateful that you don't have to use recycled toilet paper!'
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
Certainly wouldn't want it to be recycled into tissues!! I'm not using that to blow my nose!!!
@YrNemo (11136)
@WorDazza You should see the look on the kid (2-3YO) who asked me that question, 'auntie, do they really really recycle 'used toilet paper' and sell it again in the store? That is so ew!'
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@YrNemo Little kids often cut straight through the crap (pardon the pun) and say exactly what us adults are thinking!!
@Fleura (7110)
Never even heard of that idea, where did you come across that?
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
It was all over the news in the UK for a couple of days. To be honest I'd prefer not to have heard of it too!!
@Fleura (7110)
@WorDazza I can't believe it would be worth the effort of someone scraping up the chewing gum from seats, pavements etc.
@WorDazza (9799)
• Manchester, England
@Fleura The plan was to use special bins (made out of recycled chewing gum) that people could put their used gum into. I think they were drawing the line at using stuff that had been trodden on as well as chewed!! Of course this relies on people actually using the bins!!
• Eugene, Oregon
That is taking recycling to a ludicrous pinnacle. I do hope you are joking. I am quite fastidious too, using the paper towel I wipe my hands with to open the bathroom door.
@sprite1950 (11062)
• Corsham, England
This reminds me of a guy my sister worked with. He was a chef in a pub (and I use the word chef very loosely). She said he used to put his hands down his trousers and have a good scratch and then carry on cooking! Minger!