That Was A Treat!

@Morleyhunt (21020)
Yesterday I travelled out of province to run my errands. I could eat out for lunch, or pick something up that I could prepare quickly. Decision made! (I'm frugal). Two servings of Roasted Red Pepper and Gouda Soup...$3.50, 6 Herb and Cheese Bagels (bakery fresh) for $2.00. That was an easy decision. For $5.50 I had two yummy lunches and four bagels in the freezer for another day. Would you rather eat out, or prepare something quick to eat at home?
@Gillygirl (17383)
• Sutton, England
I used to like lunch out but now I prefer to prepare something at home. It's cheaper and tastier.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
I enjoy two meals plus gave leftovers to enjoy later this week for what the soup alone would have cost me in a restaurant.
That sounds awesome. I am also frugal about food so I tend to pack lunches and snacks when possible.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
I find that sometimes it is hard to justify spending large sums of money for something I can prepare easily at home.
@HazySue (23208)
I like to eat out every now and then but there is nothing like homemade.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
This wasn't homemade....but it sure was a tasty lunch.
@HazySue (23208)
@Morleyhunt It looks like it was.
I would rather eat out. You really had a tasty meal for a great price.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
Eating out by myself doesn't hold a lot of appeal to me. If I was with my husband, I probably would have eaten a meal in a restaurant.
I like to eat out sometimes but I'm also fairly thrifty and most often prepare meals at home that are easy and not too expensive. I also love soups and during the colder months, I almost always have soup for lunch and sometimes dinner.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
This was a yummy alternative to eating out. Eating out alone, doesn't hold a great deal of appeal to me.
I usually prefer our own food at home. Going for take out food only once in a while.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
My husband and I can often enjoy a meal out. When I'm by myself I feel awkward sitting in a restaurant. This was a pleasant and delicious alternative.
@Icydoll (24745)
Always I prefer to eat at home...and your quick recipe looks simply cool.
@Morleyhunt (21020)
When I'm alone, I feel awkward sitting in a restaurant eating my lunch.
@Morleyhunt I am glad you found a good deal but I prefer to eat at home.
More often than not ,we make something to eat at home,unless have people to dinner.
@sjvg1976 (18404)
I would ask my wife to cook something quickly rather to eat outside.
@UncleJoe (10882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
We used to eat out a lot when I was still working but due to lack of funds and increasing prices I prefer to have something ready at home all the time.
Occasionally I like to eat out but then the frugal side of me hits and I would rather spend the money to have things at home. Your soup looks delicious.
I usually will not eat when I am out as it's just extra money when I can make better food at home cheaper. That bagel looks delicious! I don't think I have ever tried that kind but I have had Italian herb and cheese bread on a veggie patty at Subway.
Both. depends on how exhausted I am. But I prefer to stay home and not go anywhere at all, but that aint happening
It really depends on the day with me, I do like eating out but it takes time so I might grab a quick bite at home.
I prefer something quick and easy at home. Paying megabucks for soup and a roll, as we do here, does not sit easy with me at all.
I would rather prepare something quick at home. This soups looks delicious.