Got Chicken?

https://pixabay.com/en/fried-chicken-chicken-fast-food-690039/
Dallas, Texas
Nothing is more crispy and tasty than that good old Texas style fried chicken. CHICKEN for lunch today. YUM YUM The way they do it up at Church's is flavorful, hot and reasonably priced, unlike that place around the corner that sells tempura fried fish that I will simply not bother to mention names. The time for chicken is about to be upon us. Sometime between noonish and a little after one PM. Got Chicken? Watch the video and enjoy! And don't forget to spring for a few extra jalapeno peppers!
? FINALLY!! I am doing a Church's Chicken Review and MANY of the #FoodieFam have been requesting this one for years...The question is, "IS THIS CHICKEN WORTH...
@Courage7 (18327)
Actually no I dont have chicken but it sounds so good right now. I have not been to Churches or any other chicken place for many years. My budget wont allow it.
• Dallas, Texas
I fully understand you. I usually only get the economic Tuesday special 2 pieces of fried chicken, a leg and a thigh, with a honey biscuit for 1.99 when on special or 2.99 with one side of either fries or mashed potatoes with brown gravy. The fact is, I can not just go buy it any time. I have to live on a budget these days myself. The following link covers all the bases and yes, it can get pretty expensive but I look only for the special deals there. Not a fan of the family offers as they are a bit out of my budget.
View current Church's Chicken prices for all meals including mixed chicken pieces, legs & thighs, chicken sandwiches, classic sides, and drinks.
@Courage7 (18327)
@lookatdesktop Thanks Anthony. Enjoy it. I am nearly 8000 in debt, so, I just cant.
• Dallas, Texas
@Courage7 , Oh my goodness. That is a lot. Well, I hope you are able to work things out with your situation. I know a thing or two about this and have been through what you are going through a long time ago. I no longer use credit cards. From hind sight. I found that my impulses exceeded my common sense. Debt of any kind, be it from credit or borrowing from a lender or mortgaging property can be a real serious thing to have to manage. The best of luck to you.
I also had chicken at noon, not fried chicken, oven roasted chicken.
• Dallas, Texas
Yea. I know it's not the best choice for lean cuisine, but hey, I get the munchies sometimes and fast fried chicken is a quick pick me up for a lunch or brunch break.
@lookatdesktop I love fried chicken, but you cannot find a place here where they make fried chicken.
• Dallas, Texas
@LadyDuck , Oh my mistake. I automatically assumed that you preferred roasted to fried for health reasons. But I do admit roasted is better when properly seasoned and it is easy enough to prepare at home if someone in the family has skills in cooking. I have little or no skill in cooking so I opt to buy the ones cooked and seasoned at Sam's Club or Walmart, because they are well priced, hot and ready for eating so if I buy one I have to hurry home to eat it while it's still hot, just like any other food I would buy at a fast food place. Switzerland is probably more health oriented and probably does not support all those types of fast foods as America does. America has a tendency to serve up more fried foods than any other country I know about. I might be wrong.
we have church chicken restaurant in a mall nearby here before but its gone now. enjoy the chicken.
• Dallas, Texas
Golly molly, not good. Well, if it's any consolation, I know the best alternative would be simply to buy a hot full flavored rotisserie chicken from your local market.
@lookatdesktop yeah thats much cheaper yet still tasty
• Dallas, Texas
@Strawberry18 , Well to me, chicken is very bland and it requires seasoning to get the meat to supply me with some flavor that I enjoy. Mostly people tend to like marinating the chicken overnight before cooking.
@JustBhem (44234)
• Davao, Philippines
We had chicken for lunch earlier and it's crispy. We tried the chicken stall in one of the schools here.
• Dallas, Texas
Good food any time.
@JustBhem (44234)
• Davao, Philippines
@lookatdesktop Oh yes, I love chicken.
• Dallas, Texas
@JustBhem , My wife also loves it best. It is one of those types of food that can be prepared in so many different ways that you can never really run out of new recipes that will add flavor and good health to your days.
@AKRao24 (21388)
We more or less have chicken on daily basis in very small quantities as a source of protein dear friend @lookatdesktop ! But the chicken you had seems to be different in taste and aroma! nice to know that you had a nice time with your Chicken ! Thanks!
• Dallas, Texas
I find chicken to be both nutritious and a good value for your money. There are many good chicken recipes that add vegetables, noodles and or rice to make a full meal for the family. Enjoy this article with 100 chicken recipes I know you will like.
The ultimate weeknight dinner, chicken recipes will never get boring with these 100 recipes. Whether it’s grilled, sautéed, baked, o...
@AKRao24 (21388)
Thanks a lot for your kind concern dear friend @! Hope we can prepare all these preparations and enjoy! God bless!
• Dallas, Texas
@AKRao24 , God bless you also.
@zarlamain (24874)
Now I want some fried chicken.
• Dallas, Texas
Me too. Anytime I even stop to think about it.
@zarlamain (24874)
@lookatdesktop Same here!
@lookatdesktop I like crispy chicken but I do mine in a crockpot. I may try when get chicken the way a friend did it.
• Dallas, Texas
It is hard for me to cook it deep fried, because it is too easy to over cook it, but those people at the fried chicken places are pretty good at it.
@lookatdesktop Yes they are Anthony. Do you have a small grill thing that you put on the stove and you can grill it? I have one of those.
@Ithink (10495)
The only chicken place I know around here is Kentucky Fried Chicken, and that is about an hour away. So if I really want it we have to make it. You can buy it at Walmart too. However the best I have ever had was at a China Buffet, yes they serve a little of everything.
• Dallas, Texas
Sounds good. I haven't looked for that place in Dallas, but may one day do that.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
Now I have missed my chicken. A must have tomorrow
• Dallas, Texas
I know that's right.
• Peoria, Arizona
I never had church's chicken before haha but we always have chicken here.
• Dallas, Texas
So in other words, you have chicken religiously, so to speak.
• Richfield, Utah
Yum, I like sone good chicken! Don't have a church's chicken in utah though..
• Dallas, Texas
Oh? Where do you go to get it in your part of the states?