Our Doggy Adoption Went Through

Photo by HazySue
@HazySue (20793)
Say Hi to Luke. He is the dog we have been waiting for. He is the sweetest little boy. He is slowly getting used to us. He has been so good, almost like he is afraid to make a mistake. We found out that once he feels as though he can trust you not to hurt him that he is quite a cuddlier. He is so eager to please. He has been following us around and is not happy if one of us get out of his sight. We are taking it slowly with introducing him to other people. He is still scary and shakes when someone new comes into the picture. We are sure he will be fine given time. It is a good adoption and we are thrilled to have him join our family.
• Portland, Connecticut
Congratulations on your beautiful new dog, he is a cutie.
@HazySue (20793)
He has already started following us around from room to room. Still afraid of other people but he will be fine.
@AKRao24 (14582)
he is very intelligent too...just believe in me....dear friend @BelleStarr !
• Portland, Connecticut
@AKRao24 We adopted a dog last fall and we adore him.
Is this Luke in the photo? I think you have a wrong date stamped on it. I am glad you have adopted the little dog.
@HazySue (20793)
I can't get the date to change on the camera. I must be doing something wrong. That is Luke. He is a sweetheart.
@HazySue He looks sweet. To change the date you need to go into the camera settings. They are different for every camera.
@HazySue (20793)
@LadyDuck I need to send for the full directions. The ones that came with the camera are sketchy at best. Thanks.
@JustBhem (31976)
• Davao, Philippines
Congrats on that. For sure having a dog is stress-free.
@HazySue (20793)
They do say that it lowers your blood pressure to sit and pet a dog.
@JustBhem (31976)
• Davao, Philippines
@HazySue Oh, it will help us. Yes.
@TheSojourner (17448)
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Hugs for Luke!
@HazySue (20793)
He w3ould love the hugs now that he is getting used to them.
• Peoria, Arizona
What a precious little skamp! So cute!
@HazySue (20793)
We love him already. He is a terrific addition to our little family.
So happy for you and I'm sure Luke will be a wonderful addition to your family. He's adorable
@HazySue (20793)
He is so cute, he needs to gain a little weight but he is so cute.
It sounds like he need time to get used to you first and then others. He must have had a very hard life.
@HazySue (20793)
He had a very rough life, at least the part of life the shelter found out about.
@HazySue Susan, I am so sorry. How is he adjusting to you and your home? It is very hard. Those with hard lives can take some time. My Sophie and I had it very hard for quite some time. There are days we have had problems together. She was left to die at 2 days old and this family found her. It was their first pet and then when she turned 3 months old and I just lost my cat and had not pet in the house so I decided to adopt her. I tried to get information from the lady but I some things but not enough. I will not abandon her. She is mine and now she will be turning 4 in August.
@HazySue (20793)
@Hannihar What a wonderful story. I find that people tend to abuse little animals because they can't really defend themselves. It's the same way they abuse children who are defenseless. I will never understand how they can do it. They can not possibly feel good about themselves.
@AKRao24 (14582)
Don't worry he will be an apple of your eye soon as they are very understanding and know how to make the things wonderful around them! I have got plenty of experience with the stray dogs who have become our best fiends till they breathed their lasy in my drawing room in the capacity of our best friend! thanks a lot dear friend @HazySue ! God bless! Thanks!
@HazySue (20793)
He is wonderful. At the shelter they told us he was a climber and we saw him climb a fence to get away. We haven't seen any evidence of him trying to do so here with us yet. He is such a sweet little dog.
@AKRao24 (14582)
he is undoutedly wonderful and I am sure he would have stuck to me the moment he would have looked into my eyes dear friends @HazySue ! remember they are the best friends of human beings! No question of climbing at your palce he will definitely climb on you to give a kiss on your face! mark my words....If I have gone wrong just intimate me either through a discussion on my mail! I am a bad Vet who loves animals which is not required in this profession as we are taught that suffering animal is just a patient for us which I never believed in me many a times I addressed them as boy, girl , young man and old man! That might have given you the depth of my response! Thanks a lot....good day to you all and to my cute little friend luke!
@HazySue (20793)
@AKRao24 thank you. He is indeed wonderful.
I am so happy for you. He's adorable. Is he full grown? What kind of dog is he?
@HazySue (20793)
He is full grown, he's four 1/2 years old. He is part Dachshund and part Chihuahua.
@HazySue (20793)
He is called a Chiweenie.
@HazySue That's so cute!
How sweet! I really want to adopt a dog..I would prefer a puppy..as I have the time to deal with it..but dogs are expensive and I have enough trouble meeting expenses as it is.If only my cat didn't need to eat special food, that is costly I could probably swing it, but vet bills..yikes!
@HazySue (20793)
Vet bill are expensive for sure. It cost us $125.00 to adopt him by the time we were through. They call it a rehoming fee.
@HazySue Yes, they are waving fees at the adoption center in Richmond..which probably translates to the fact they are over crowded. I might talk to them. There are a few places that provide free or discounted care. I would benefit from having a dog..not too sure what the cat would think about it though..my guess is he would not be enthused.
@HazySue (20793)
@snowy22315 He probably wouldn't be thrilled. It's nice to have pets to love and love you back.
He looks adorable. He is very lucky to have found a loving couple to give him a loving home.
@HazySue (20793)
He is what is called a Chiweenie. I didn't know there was such a thing.
I didn't know that either @HazySue there are so many new and really dumb breeds these days.
He is so luck to have you as his new family. That poor dog must have been through a lot.
@HazySue (20793)
He has been 6through a lot. His history is so sad.
@HazySue The good thing now though, is he with with you.
I think that is so nice that you've given a rescue dog a new chance at a happy life. I gather he is a rescue?
@HazySue (20793)
He is indeed a rescue dog. All of our dogs for over 20 years now have been rescue dogs. They have been through so much.
@HazySue Kudos for you for doing this.
He's so cute!
@HazySue (20793)
He is a doll. He has a sweet nature too.
@HazySue aw yay. Thats really good
@UncleJoe (9731)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Does Luke know who his real parents are?
@HazySue (20793)
Somehow I doubt that.
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
What a sweet boy Luke is @HazySue . I'm sure with all the love you give him, it won't take long and he'll know HE chose the right parents.
@HazySue (20793)
It's true, they do choose us they just like to let us believe that we are doing the choosing.
@noni1959 (3084)
How sweet. Such a cutie. Congratulations on your addition to your family.
@HazySue (20793)
He is sweet. How can anyone be so cruel to such a defenseless little animal?
Oh, he has the most wonderful home now. He will begin to feel more secure with time. What a sweet boy pup!!
@HazySue (20793)
We can see that he is making more progress each day. He is becoming more playful.
@aureliah (14842)
Hi Luke! You look amazing
@HazySue (20793)
Luke says thank you.