Do you know who is the richest man in the world today?

Jeff Bezos
Guangzhou, China
Tonight I watched the news from TV and it is a little surprise for me to learn that this year the richest man in the world is Jeff Bezos. He is the founder of Amazon.com which is a very popular selling website today. Bill Gates ranks secondly this year. The technology field really creates a lot of super rich men.
@Icydoll (23567)
Thanks for the info dear
You are welcome.
I did know that. He does ruin towns when Amazon comes in and employees are not treated fairly.
Amazon effectively tries to turn humans in their warehouses into robots.
Oh, that's so bad. I don't know it at all.
@youless He is not a noble man. He deserves no respect.
@Daelii (5825)
I didn't know that!
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
I didn't know It either, I read it on the news yesterday.
We learned it from the same day
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
I didn't know this. Amazon has moved into Australia too i think.
Really? Did you mean its headquarter move to Australia or there is an Amazon online website in Australia?
@youless I think it might be a warehouse or something. I know they were talking about Amazon being available in Australia but you've always been able to buy stuff from Amazon. I'm not sure of the details as I rarely shop online.
@mandala100 (48493)
@youless Thank you for this information my friend.
You are welcome
His mission is for Amazon to control every facet of daily life to his profit.
This is a big ambition.
@louievill (19361)
Is this accurate? How come there is no Chinese, Middle Easterner or those from the Emirates.
Tencent's Ma Hua Teng is even much more richer than Jack Ma who is the boss of Alibaba But they are not the richest men yet. Warren Buffett was the third richest man in the world.
@louievill (19361)
@youless I do not see Japanese or Korean either, what with all those brands like Toyota, Samsung, Honda etc... Don't worry Jack Ma will become the richest with the Kung Fu movies he makes Have you seen it? Haha
@louievill Oh, I can't keep on watching that Kung Fu movie video even if it seems it is short But this tells us a very rich man can really become to be a super movie star although nobody likes to watch it
@rheicel (7328)
Oh, he outranked Bill Gates. Amazon is very popular nowadays.
In fact Amazon was not as popular as before in my country.
@rheicel (7328)
@youless Do you have Amazon in China? Here we know Amazon but they don't operate here though Lazada dominates online shoping which owns by Alibaba.
@rheicel (7328)
@youless Do you have Amazon in China? Here we know Amazon but they don't operate here though Lazada dominates online shopping which owns by Alibaba.
• Pamplona, Spain
I knew about him a bit but I did not know about him being the richest man in the World. My eldest drives for Amazon sometimes and the rates are not that brilliant and he has to use his own car also.
In fact I think Amazon in China is not so competitive to other online websites, although in the past I often buy from it but now I hardly will buy something from it.
• Pamplona, Spain
@youless Also over here they have a bad habit of charging you twice and you have a heck of a game to get them to pay you back. They say you opted to be a Premium member even when you did nothing of the sort. As there was no receipt to say anything about Premium we got the second lot of money back but only after insisting and we stopped buying anything from them again. Its a great pity that kind of thing goes on as it would be so easy to do good business. Maybe they have pulled their socks up a bit and started to bother about customers who are always the first most important in any business.
• Pamplona, Spain
@youless I think that they are more careful now as there have been numerous complaints about all that and rather than lose customers they are coming more into line like they should do. Good job you were careful also so as not to lose your money.
Yes, I knew that Jeff Bezos is richer than Bill Gates. The news was published last July 2017.
I didn't know that. I often thought Bill Gates was the richest
@youless Bill Gates was the richest in the past, in July 2017 Jeff Bezos surpassed Bill Gates. Nobody ever mention the richest woman in the world, she is a French woman, Liliane Bettencourt of L’Oréal.
@LadyDuck Thanks for telling me who the richest woman in the world
@kanchan10 (3177)
• Kolkata, India
i thought it is me. got richer by few cents here. lol
I know several years ago an Indian man was the richest man in the world and he seemed to run the telephone company?
@kanchan10 (3177)
• Kolkata, India
@youless to my knowledge he was a IT man. azim premji
@dodo19 (33320)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, I heard of it recently. I heard that he had ranked first.
How surprising to hear that!
@dodo19 (33320)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@youless It was a little surprising. But hey, good for him!
@Courage7 (12212)
Oh I had no idea that he was the richest. I wonder indeed of this is true. Do you think he out ranks Saudi family?
Perhaps Saudi family's wealth is no published and nobody knows how rich they are.
@Courage7 (12212)
@youless Yes very true Youless.
@porwest (7063)
It is certainly true that most of the richest do come from the technology sector. Bezos has no doubt built a huge empire, and Amazon way much more than just a bookstore, which is what it was when it was started. Luckily we can invest in their efforts through the stock market, and get a piece of the money. I currently own shares in Amazon.
Wow! That sounds great!
@kaka135 (14068)
I didn't know about that. I didn't know Jeff Bezos as the founder of Amazon too. Amazon seems to be very aggressive, and it started to expand in many areas. Thanks for sharing this.
I think they made a wrong strategy in China and therefore their selling is not as well as other online websites in my opinion.
So far he is.
Yeah, everybody can catch it.
@Daelii (5825)
I thought it was bill gates!
Not any more...
no i dont know thanks for sharing
You are welcome.
My friend left for the United States about two years ago, and Haza Alino visited us not long ago and told us about the whole Amazon industry. It's cool. We do not have shipments to Amazon, so we enjoy the Mali Express and eBay that are still bought at Amazon.
I just know that Amazon was selling books at the beginning but today it sells various of products.
@averygirl72 (16620)
Wow that's amazing to know. Some people are lucky with the use of the power of the internet and technology
Their wealth is more than other fields.