If you are a plagiarist I do not want your money

So please do not copy a sentence from Wiki or somewhere else and post it as a response to my discussion. After all, you are not earning for that response...*I* am. What you would earn for is if I 'liked' it and/or commented to it. I won't 'like' it...I will report it. So you aren't going to earn that way. And the comment will be a link where you plagiarized it from...which, if/when Admin sees that, you are likely going to be banned, so you won't earn from that either. I HATE PLAGIARISTS Probably a damn good idea if you just stay away from me...just saying...
@TheSojourner (17291)
I HATE PLAGIARISTS too.... Oh, darn. Please don't me hate me.
@kobesbuddy (59398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake Hey, I like this
@vandana7 (69013)
I am not a plagiarist to the best of my knowledge and belief...so does it mean you don't hate me...
I'll promise to try not to hate you
@kobesbuddy (59398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Join in the fun, Vanny
@vandana7 (69013)
@kobesbuddy But he means he hates me even without me being a plagiarist, and me being lesser of the two evils, he will "try" to amend his feelings towards me.
Plagiarists love to use Wikipedia. It takes more time to search and copy and paste than to type a comment. I cannot understand.
Especially a single sentence. And to do it to respond to a discussion they really know nothing about.
@JolietJake Jeez, what a silly thing to do.
@JolietJake Is it possible they think it will make them look knowledgeable? It is rather silly and a lot of effort for nothing.
@OneOfMany (12392)
Actually, I will take their money, their lives, and their souls... if that can eliminate them from the world. I remember when my very first post in myLot was copied and used as someone else's intro post... even when I had explained my user name in it, and such. lol That's a lot like stealing someone's personalized jacket and trying to explain why your name and the name on the jacket isn't the same.
@vandana7 (69013)
You just gave me an idea...what if we all embed a secret line or phrase or word in our posts so that when it is copied it becomes easy to identify whose post it was...
@OneOfMany (12392)
@vandana7 You can just add a copyright line in, if you're worried about it. Or even your username at the bottom, like a signature. If they delete that part of it, your original will still show you wrote it. As long as they don't start adding in a signature of their own. So maybe, putting a self reference in towards the beginning would be better.
@vandana7 (69013)
@OneOfMany Actually inserting in middle would make even naive readers aware that it is written by somebody else, and report the plagiarist.
@FourWalls (16249)
That's one of the quickest ways I find plagiarists...they follow me, I go look, and I find the Hold Twins! (Lo and Be Hold) They've copied something out of Picky Wedia (right down to the end notes). Next thing you know, there's one less myLot member....
I've had one recently respond to a few of my countdown discussions and I saw they had done it on a couple of John's posts too
I love seeing the ones that have [1][a] in the middle of a sentence
@ridingbet (61770)
@JolietJake like an annotation, right?
@BarBaraPrz (21366)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
How do you feel about people who respond, "According to" [whatever] and then quote a line or two?
@Bluedoll She knows who it is since her and I are friends on facebook
@BarBaraPrz (21366)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@BarBaraPrz (21366)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@JolietJake Not to be a grammar nazi, but that should be "she and I"... (Sorry, I recently read a book where two of the characters were constantly correcting others' grammar.)
So even responses here get plagiarised now?! I think it's more time consuming to search on wiki on what to respond than just write your own lol!
Even worse just a single short sentence. Why are they that desperate to respond?
@JolietJake We should play this song for them...
@kobesbuddy (59398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The responses I can't figure out, are the one's that barely make any sense. Struggling to write in English, how could they read the discussion in the first place?
Once in a while I have to gently take a user by the hand and explain to them that what they think I said is not what I actually said. Other times I just smack 'em upside the head with a 2 x 4
@kobesbuddy (59398)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake Well, the other day I used a 2x4! He wrote a discussion afterwards, saying I was nasty and rude for calling him a 'know-it-all.' He was lucky I didn't say, what I was really thinking! To put it bluntly, my blood was boiling
@lovebuglena (7739)
• Staten Island, New York
How do you know they have plagiarized? Like what gives it away? I want to be on the lookout for those.
Sometimes it is simply a post of perfect English from someone that normally doesn't have a good grasp of it
Oh, my sounds serious. I try to write my own thoughts always. I really do. In fact, I go as far as even checking out all of my own work just in case something snuck in there that shouldn't have.
While I don't approve of it at all, I can almost understand why some people try to plagiarize discussions, but doing one single sentence as a response is just plain stupid.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Oh there are some dirty cheats about.
I'll bath them in my unholy wrath
Hey JJ, don't waist your energy on hate, channel it to simple reporting then get happy and dance with Scar, ok?
Thanks for almost 75k views =) Please check out my profile/channel for the other Metallica's songs and more good music. =D Presenter: Metallica Album: Load L...
We need a good " skunk", er plagiarist repellant around here.
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi! You mean to say that there are people who plagiarize just to give a comment? That's absurd. Don't these people think? Cannot imagine how people can be so lazy. hmmm
It shows a definite lack of original thinking from them
@mlgen1037 (29606)
• Manila, Philippines
@JolietJake Thats what you call brainless. When people would rather use their brains to plagiarize instead of writing something useful.
@cintol (8897)
Someone actually had the nerve to copy and paste to a comment? I can't stand plagiarists either, I think I saw a post someone did last week and then I saw the story again with a few words changed the other day. I know it wasn't the original writer but I couldn't remember who wrote it. I am still looking
@cintol (8897)
@JolietJake You have every right to be mad, who copies and pastes a comment on someones post. That is crazy that they can't think for themselves.
I never see any plagiarists. Aren't my posts interesting enough? Or maybe I'm just gullible and think everyone is honest and upfront. What on earth would they copy and paste from Wikipedia?
Believe it or not "Bla bla bla was a song released by the Somebodies in 1969"
@JolietJake Oh I see. I'm afraid I don't usually read those posts of yours because I know so little about music. The best I can do is like them which I do occasionally. And now I know likes earn, I could like them more (often)
@ridingbet (61770)
i felt sad when a Filipina plagiarized some one-sentence posts from Wikipedia, but i had to be fair so i pushed the 'report' button. i don't know if this user is still here. it was a series of one-liner plagiarized posts that she posted, all of which i reported.
I know the problem will never go away entirely, but it is one of those things that really winds me up
Thanks for giving me some insights, I am new with the site and still exploring on what to do.
@sashann (211)
(sigh) they are not thinking so much, all they see is earning
@miketagz (8832)
Copy Paste Method as usual. It will not work that way.