Leaving

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I haven't decided yet where I'm going, but I do need to leave shortly. They're plowing the parking lot today, so I need to leave for three hours. However, I have no idea where I'm going. I have no interest in what's playing at the movie. I could go to the library, but have no interest in that either. Though it will most likely be where I end up. I could go do a little bit of shopping at Wal-Mart, but don't want to do that either. I really don't want to go anywhere, but I have no choice in the matter. Maybe I'll just park the car across the street and come back here, and pick it up when I can put it back in the parking lot. Sounds like a good idea to me. Truth is, I don't know what I'm going to do for three hours. But I do need to do something. I'll let you all know when I do whatever it is I'm going to do. I have an hour before I need to leave. Have you ever needed to go somewhere and do something but had no interest in it? Thanks for reading. Picture of my car - there's a car under there.
@FayeHazel (19038)
Small world. They plowed the parking lot here, too. I just put my car on the street. I do know what you mean. I have to be in town later - and I like to group up things into my town trips. However I just don't feel like it. I may come straight home after. Or stop at Target maybe....
Maybe it's one of those days when you don't want to do much of anything.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Can you go see your son?
He's working. I thought about my daughter, but I think she's working too. I went to the library.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@just4him Well at least you found something to do, how often do they plow it?
@thislittlepennyearns When the snow is at least 3 inches they send out the notice they will be plowing the parking lot.
I think that this is what you should do, park the car across the street and come back home.
It probably would have been the best idea, but I ended up at the library.
@just4him At least you stayed warm inside the library.
@LadyDuck Yes, I did.
It must be hard having to leave and find things to do when you really don't want to go out and do anything.
This time it really was. I was aimless when I left, driving around until I decided to go to Wal-mart. I do need eggs. Still do. However, there wasn't much good parking, so I landed at the library.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
Going to the library is a good idea.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
It's very quiet there. Good idea.
@nela13 (7729)
• Portugal
@mydanods yeah, it is quiet .... Sometimes
@nela13 Yes, it was a good idea.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
OMG... it’s snowing.
It does that a lot here. I love snow.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
@just4him even I love the snow, but havent experienced it in real.
@amandajay It's so beautiful. Cold but beautiful.
@aureliah (17881)
• Kenya
Hope that you find something that you will enjoy
Thank you. I went to the library.
@aureliah (17881)
• Kenya
@just4him thats great
Parking your car across the street sounds like a good plan. When we sold our last house, we always had to leave when it was being shown to possible buyers. That was a pain because Molly had to go too and not many places in winter to go with a dog.
That must have been tricky. I landed at the library and found a good book in the Children's section by Rick Riordan called Trials of Apollo. I read four chapters before I put it back on the shelf and left to come home. It's definitely fantasy and science fiction. Interesting too. I'll need to get back to the library to read more of it. Who knows, I might even get a new library card and check it out.
@Corbin5 I thought you would like that, being you're an avid reader. What's really interesting about his style of writing, is it's first person.
@JustBhem (41289)
• Davao, Philippines
That must be a big problem for you. Lol. I hope you sorted this out and find ways to make up your mind on where to go. Have a good one.
I went to the library.
@JustBhem (41289)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him Oh, at least you made up your mind today.
@JustBhem I rode around for a bit before deciding on the library.
How about doing a short stopping stop and then go and have a coffee somewhere and read.
I thought about that, but the parking lot was full, so I'll stop at the store tomorrow on my way home from the pool. I will be going tomorrow. Missing two days was plenty. I did land at the library and found a good book on the children's shelf to read, though I brought one with me.
@just4him I find some libraries to be almost as cozy as home, but without tea or coffee.
@GardenGerty True. I bring my water with me.
That is what my car looked like this morning when I headed to work. We are expecting up to 20 inches of the white stuff today and into tomorrow. Not liking that forecast. I have had to go to the store for groceries, but couldn't decide which one to shop at. There are 3 that I frequently shop, but didn't want to venture out to do any of it.
Are you still getting a Nor'easter? That's a lot of enviable snow. You know I love snow and that amount would make me ecstatic. I haven't seen that much snow at one time in many years.
You don't have a nearby indoor mall where you can hang out?
Yes, there are a couple. I thought about the one, but only briefly. Forgot all about it when I got in the car. I went to the library.
That sounds like my situation this Friday. They need to do concrete work in the breeze way, and it is scheduled for 8am to 8pm. So we can choose to either be gome that long or stay in our apartments that long.I How much snow did you get?
We got 5.3 inches, and the afternoon flurries just started that they said we were going to get. That's a long day to be gone from your apartment.
I have had moments when I cannot decide what to do however I have not had a reason to actually have to do something like you do. If you don't feel like going anywhere then just park the car on the street and wait for the parking lot to be cleaned.
I thought about it, but ended up at the library instead.
Maybe you should park the car and have a three-hour nap or read an interesting book, or find a good movie to watch at home.
Parking the car across the street was a good option, but I landed at the library and read.
@kobesbuddy (52729)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I see a little bit of red and some tires, underneath that snow pile! LOL Stay safe, whatever you decide to do.
It was fun brushing all that off. I went to the library.
@kobesbuddy (52729)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Usually after brushing our car off, I end up covered with snow:(
@kobesbuddy I end up with cold feet. I thought about wearing my boots, but didn't, so my feet were cold.
That still does not bother you wishing for snow? Here I guess they are happy to have a covered parking garage. Its snowing now.
There aren't enough garages here for every tenant. I would also need to pay a fee if I did have one. I don't want to pay an additional fee, so when it snows, I need to leave so they can plow the parking lot. No, it doesn't bother me. I love snow. It's started again for the afternoon flurries they predicted. Are you expecting a lot?
@just4him not really sure but it's coming down like crazy.
@sharon6345 You got a better picture of the snow than I can get. You're also pretty high up.
Wow your apartment or condo complex looks a lot like mine but so far away and that is way more snow than we have
We got a total of 5.3 inches. Some places got as much as 8. It's an apartment complex.
@just4him we 'might' get that by Friday morning only it has not actually started snowing yet as I type right now UH OH let me rewrite--- IT IS BLIZZARDING right now as I just peeped my head over the computer to the window and geuss what I talked to mom only 30 minutes ago and it was clear as a transparent bell ! Oh holy doo doo, gotta go ttyl
@enlightenedpsych2 I hope your mom is safe and you were able to take care of collecting her, as I think you were doing when you had to rush off. I'm still waiting for my blizzard. We got 5.3 inches on this last storm.
yeah i need to buy this stuff but i felt lazy i dont liek going maybe i just dont like the people starring at me all the time whenever i pass
I don't like being stared at either.
@just4him its uncomfy right but i have no choice sometimes i just ignore them
@Strawberry18 That's the best thing to do.
Oh goodness, by your title I thought you might be thinking of leaving "here" - so I'm glad that wasn't it! I take my daughter to a college every Saturday for her art class . . . I have a 3 hour wait. I have already walked every inch of that campus - I went through all the buildings and such . . . and there is nothing around the college that is of any big interest. So now I drive out of there and window shop "wherever" - but I'm almost window shopped out. Sometimes I will go to the college library to read, but I don't want to do that for 3 hours.
You know my dilemma well. I went to the library.
@just4him Did you stay there the whole time?
@much2say Once I landed there, yes, until time to go back to the apartment.