I don't care.

pixabay image
Perhaps there aren't very many here who think the same as me, but I must admit that I really don't care what the members I interact with look like. If a member wishes to post his/her picture - that's fine with me - if not - that's fine with me too. The most I would be interested in is whether the member I am interacting with is male or female - otherwise, I'm cool. Members here want to feel relaxed and at ease, so it is up to them to remain a mystery lady or man if they so desire. What do you think?
• Preston, England
my picture is on my profile - I don't mind if others don't share their images
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
Same with me.
The choice is theirs yes.
I've never posted a photo of me here (in fact, I've never changed my avatar at all here!). But I do hope people realize that I am "female"!
You have been here long enough for one to know from your posts - and your profile. Though it isn't mentioned in the profile of some members.
@Icydoll (23472)
Yeah most of them come here to feel relax and me too.I also don't bother about other things.its upto their wish..
Most definitely.
That is nice that you feel that way.
@Prdhan (602)
Thank you.
@Shortail (862)
Yeah, me too. I don't care about what ever they look like. I'm looking for the conversation, and the connection to the topic.
Right on.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
Right on from me too.
I only hope if I say sir and I am wrong. I don't get a bad comment. Otherwise I am fine.
If the member didn't post a clear picture - then no offense should be taken.
@Kandae11 I would hope that would be the case. I have to agree.
@Courage7 (11781)
It is the very least of my worries about pics here.
Yes, it should be the least.
@Courage7 (11781)
@Kandae11 I like all the pics too
@JustBhem (41205)
• Davao, Philippines
I agree with you, but sometimes I mistook some members for a woman or man because of their names. But it doesn't matter if they want their identity to be private, it's their choice.
Mistaking male for female has happened to me countless times.
@JustBhem (41205)
• Davao, Philippines
@Kandae11 I think we can't avoid it, right. And I don't think it is a nice to ask them their gender. Do you think?
@JustBhem Not when responding to a post, but it should be there in the profile at least.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I really don't mind if people don't want to post a photo of themselves.
It is their decision to make.
I prefer to stay a Mystery Person.
I like a bit of mystery.
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
I am more interested in what people write than how they look
Same here.
It's supposed to be about words and what we say not image.
My feelings exactly.
@TheSojourner (17306)
That's interesting to read. Recently, I came across someone who admonished those who "hide behind (avatars)" and being unwilling to show who they really are. I have always used my photo, until recently, when I started to delete my discussions, making the decision to scale down and/or leave the site. Yet, it is still "my photo." As I mentioned in one of my last posts, it was first painting ever, and I "wanted people to see my heart, as all (most) simply see me as a lightning bolt."
If a member feels more relaxed and easy "hiding behind an avatar" - then so be it - it is their choice. Not everyone will want to have their face on the internet - and for me personally, I find a bit of mystery intriguing.
@Kandae11 Either way, it does not matter to me. I am a curious person, so I do enjoy seen the eyes and the smile of people, especially once I have gotten to know them better.
@CoralLevang I don't think there would be a problem exchanging photos where there is a mutual desire to know each other better - and it doesn't have to be on the site. I agree it is nice to look into the eyes of the person you are talking to - but this is the world wide web we are dealing with.
@OneOfMany (12416)
I don't care. I honestly prefer ambiguity on the internet. I really dislike Facebook because it demands a picture. I love the mysterious age of the internet, and I would like to see more of it. My avatar is indeed me, but a me from 2004 or so. Back when I had hair and only destructive energies swirling about. I was very unbalanced, and easily corrupted by dark energies. Perhaps I will let people see me as I am now... eventually. Sadly, the pieces aren't in place yet for a grand reveal.
Ha ha - a grand reveal. My avatar is a drawing I did of myself some eight years ago - I like a bit of mystery.
@OneOfMany (12416)
@Kandae11 I thought you'd like that part. :) I like to have fun with images, so my reveal will coincide with an event that will take place in the future. Right now, I'm still building the pieces before I can put them in place. It makes life a little more fun! I like your drawing. I used to draw portraits in the past, but I couldn't do it now. I had tons of practice back then.
@Icydoll (23472)
@Kandae11 I really liked your drawing...is it only pencil sketching ?.
Even with some photos I have had difficulty deciding if it's a male or female. To each his or her own.
You are correct - some photos turn out not to be real also.
@Kandae11 So true!
I had to laugh! True!
I am only visible on Face Book and there my page is open only for friends.
You did post a picture here once or twice?
@Kandae11 Not a close up
@allknowing like my avatar which is a sketch of myself. If I published a real picture it would be me many years ago - not that there is any big difference now, I even weigh less than I did in my twenties.
Those who want remain a mystery is fine with me.
The only thing that is a bother is when I interact thinking someone is a female - then a few posts later I realize that member is a male.
@Kandae11 That happens to me too.
@louievill (19339)
Yeah to each his own, we must remember that there are a lot of different personalities here and so long as no guidelines are violated it's just fine with me.
Me too.
It is the same with me. I do not mind to see a picture, I prefer to know from which country the people are and if I am discussing with a man or a woman. Knowing the country is important when people start a discussion talking about habits and customs. Sometimes I have no idea what they are talking about.
Or which region at least --- not a complete blank.
@Kandae11 The country is enough, I do not ask for the name of the city or the village.
@LadyDuck That is true - especially when one lives in a vast country with a population of many, many millions.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi! I do not mind as long as they are here for clean fun and interaction. That is way better than fighting. People want peace and serenity.
That's what I think. If the member is not comfortable showing his or her face - then that is quite alright.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@Kandae11 I agree.
@Bluedoll (17054)
Prosperous interaction not to put up a picture of our face and detailed personal information about ourselves. One avatar here I notice even uses an insect as an avatar. Perhaps someone wanting real pictures and more info about people might like to see that person banned.
They might not like the idea of interacting with an insect.
@Bluedoll (17054)
@Kandae11 he has a small mouth and doesn't talk much here