Music- Favorite Girl-Themed Songs- # 3

By DB
@dgobucks226 (12170)
The Four Seasons were a major radio listen for me as a youngster during the 60's. The group is one of only two American bands (the other being the Beach Boys) to enjoy major chart success before, during, and after the British Invasion. Beatlemania and the subsequent British Invasion never dimed my appreciation for this successful band. So, let's enjoy this classic vocal group and listen to their first # 1 hit "Sherry," as today's feature video replay. Here are the clues to 2 more classic Four Seasons tunes in today's music trivia quiz. Do you know these girl-themed songs? 1. This is a very self-deprecating song, with lead singer Frankie Valli constantly telling the girl that he's not good enough for her. As the songs lyrics state, "Think what the future would be with a poor boy like me." If your still without a clue the name used in the title is another word for the beginning of the day when light first appears, or put another way, part of a title of a Moody Blues song from the "Days of Future Passed" album. 2. This was a 1963 Four Seasons hit. It is the first original Four Seasons single not composed by either Bob Gaudio or Bob Crewe. The writer, Larry Santos, would become a chart artist in his own right with 1976's "We Can't Hide It Anymore". This Four Seasons hit reached # 3 on the Top 100 Billboard charts. The tune also reached # 13 on the R&B charts the last of the group's entries to make the R&B chart. There are your clues! Do you know the songs in the 2 trivia selections above? Enjoy the continuing series, comment, check out the trivia answers and see if their your favorites too. And as always, thanks for reading my music post!!! Source- Wikipedia & songfacts.com Photo-amazon.com
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose HoraceWinkk Loading... Unsubscribe from H
@FourWalls (13750)
1. Tony Orlando apparently really liked that song, because that's what his female vocal accompanists were called! 2. Springsteen liked that song because he visited her room on Darkness on the Edge of Town.
@dgobucks226 (12170)
Very clever! Those 2 names had some staying power
Dawn (Go Away) Candy Girl
@dgobucks226 (12170)
You "Don't Think Twice" about those correct answers.
@FayeHazel (18007)
I only got #1 - "Dawn" -- and I cheated by looking up the lyric. But I knew I'd heard that song!
@dgobucks226 (12170)
The Four Seasons had a number of top ten hits in the 60's. From 1962-64 only the Beach Boys matched them in record sales. Trivia Answers 1. Dawn 2. Candy Girl
@FayeHazel (18007)
@dgobucks226 I had no idea they were that popular
@dgobucks226 (12170)
@FayeHazel Yes, before the Beatles arrived to challenge them on the charts, they dominated.
@1hopefulman (28482)
Dawn for #1 and your clues were not helpful for me to even give any reasonable guesses for #2 and I don't like to search about it as then it would not be as much fun. Please give me a clue that has to do with something about the song?
@dgobucks226 (12170)
Well, ha, ha. Sorry to frustrate you on that one. How's this it rhymes with randy and tastes sweet ("I've been a-searching o’er this big wide world/Now, finally, I found my) A rock ballad to a loving girlfriend. The singles B-side was "Marlena."
@1hopefulman (28482)
@dgobucks226 Candy!!! Did I get it? Did I get it?
@dgobucks226 (12170)
@1hopefulman Yes! You did I will remember your clue suggestion Felix.
@Deepizzaguy (13084)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The Four Seasons were overshadowed by the popularity of the other rock and roll bands of their era.
@dgobucks226 (12170)
Yes true, they still had tremendous popularity though and even charted songs and sold well throughout the British invasion. Thanks for reading and commenting!
@Deepizzaguy (13084)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@dgobucks226 You are welcome DB.
@dgobucks226 (12170)
"Dawn," "??????"
@dgobucks226 (12170)
It rhymes with Mandy and is about a girl, lol. That 2nd one was a bit short on good clues...
@dgobucks226 - I finally gave up and scrolled through the comments. I just do not remember that one. I don't remember ever playing it on the radio, even. And we played quite a bit of their stuff.
@dgobucks226 (12170)
@teamfreak16 The song was definitely over shadowed by hits like Rag Doll and Sherry Baby.