My daughter has a broken bone (in her foot)

Eugene, Oregon
That trip to Portland turned in to something else. I was waiting around yesterday to find out the when, where and wardrobe for the acting job. I was planning on going up to stay with my daughter last night then do the film thing today. She had gone to urgent care on Sunday with pretty severe pain in her right foot (a friend drove her). X-rays were taken and the doc who saw them said it looked like "plantar facsiitis," a condition that affects many people including me. Normally, insoles will relieve the pain if fitted properly. That doc also fortunately gave her a referral to a Podiatrist. I finally got the word at 1:30 PM that the acting job had been postponed until Friday, but since my daughter was on crutches and lives alone, decided to go to Portland anyway. She was able to see the Podiatrist this morning and I was glad to be there to drive her. It turned out to be a broken "extra" bone in her foot, one that should not be there. She is now in a boot, unable to drive and will have to work from home in her tech job, no choice. It "may" heal in about six weeks; if not some ugly surgery may be required. I am so glad I was there to drive, help her out with bringing in take-out dinner, emptying her dishwasher, walk her dog and provide moral support and show her her dad's love. I came home, but may go back tomorrow, Friday for sure for the filming, probably stay over again.
@sallypup (26658)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You're such a good Dad. I'm sorry for your daughter and excited that you will continue on being an actor.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, I will continue, but these last minute details about time and place do get old. She is my only child, so will care for and help her as long as I am able.
I am sorry, she is lucky you decided to go to see her. It must be hard for her who lives alone.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, not easy to get around and let the dog out and all that. I cautioned her about falling.
@JamesHxstatic She must be careful, it is so easy to fall.
• Eugene, Oregon
@LadyDuck Yes, not being used to crutches and dealing with her dog is worrisome.
• Riga, Latvia
You are a good daddy. Glad you can help. My prayers for her and hope it all heals well. How will she manage when you are not there? Good luck on your acting job.
• Eugene, Oregon
She can get around on crutches and that boot helps. I hope to hear this morning about where and when I am wanted for that job.
@crossbones27 (19234)
• Redlands, California
You a good dad and man, sorry that happened but pretty sure shows how much you care for her. Hope she recoves and sure she will with your support.
• Eugene, Oregon
Well, thank you, @crossbones27! I am headed back up there today for three days.
• Redlands, California
@JamesHxstatic Hope she is feeling better.
Oh, I hope it heals and she will not need surgery. So glad she has Dad to help her out! Hooray for Dads!
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. I hope that she does not need surgery too.
@kobesbuddy (43726)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Your daughter is blessed, with her dad being so kind and supportive. I had a good father also, he helped me quite often. I sure hope her foot heals up, on its own!
@cintol (5379)
That has to be painful, can't believe the first doc didn't see it. She was probably pretty excited to have her dad there to take care of her.
• Eugene, Oregon
She was grateful that I stayed over and I will be there tomorrow after acting thing is over.
@cintol (5379)
@JamesHxstatic Your a good dad
• Eugene, Oregon
@cintol I hope so, thank you.
It is great your daughter has you around in need of help.The acting job was in the nick of time.Hope your daughter will soon recover from it!
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you, I would have gone up there without the job, but it was a good combination. Since the job was postponed until Friday, I will go back up later today or tomorrow and plan on staying over one night. Our weather has turned rain and windy, so the drive will not be as pleasant or safe.
@JamesHxstatic The rain and windy would make driving difficult ,hope you arrive there safe!
• Eugene, Oregon
@yugocean (8202)
Extra bone? Was that something which did not developed during her yournger days? Maybe she will be normal in one month or two.
• Eugene, Oregon
We certainly hope so.
@yugocean (8202)
@JamesHxstatic Papa's girl have her best support with her.
• Eugene, Oregon
@yugocean I am ho[ping so.
@FayeHazel (17093)
Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's foot, hope it heals quick. Hope it goes well Friday :-)
• Eugene, Oregon
It went so well, I ended up featured, apparently. My second appearance is Tuesday and I got another gig for Monday. I am going up today and staying until Wednesday.
@FayeHazel (17093)
@JamesHxstatic Oh cool! Congratulations!
That is nice of you to help out. Are you in a local commercial or being a movie extra or what?
• Eugene, Oregon
This one is Season 2 of a Netflix show called American Vandal. My part will film today then another segment on the 20th. Just a very strange hobby that pays now and then. I sometimes do commercials.
@JamesHxstatic Sounds good to me. I was an extra in Deep Impact, and had a featured role at Kings Dominion. It didn't amount to much though. I made marginally more money!
She was very lucky that you were there to help her out. I am sorry about her foot.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, getting to appointments will be hard for her. I guess she can use Lyft or Uber though.
@JamesHxstatic James, I hope she can get to the appointments.
@Starmaiden (5027)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Sorry to hear that. I know how painful broken bones are. I broke my wrist four weeks ago and still in a cast. :-(
• Eugene, Oregon
It is hard for her with the dog too, having to her out a lot.
So sorry to hear this! A good dad does exactly what you are doing.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you @DianneN!
@Shiva49 (12607)
Great that you were there to help your daughter in time of need. I do hope she gets better soon. Also more acting jobs coming your way - siva
• Eugene, Oregon
What a surprise about those jobs! Thank you, Siva.
• Austin, Texas
Broken bones are bad enough but a broken bone in the foot is awful. My son had that problem. They put a pin in his foot. Unfortunately, that was the end of his dream to be an awesome basketball player. Such is life!
• Eugene, Oregon
That is too bad about the basketball and his foot too!
I am sure she has a great appreciation for her dad. Hope that her foot heals without her having to resort to surgery.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you, so do I.
@bagarad (11796)
• Paso Robles, California
Your daughter has my sympathy. I've had my share of foot issues and surgeries to fix them. I once broke my ankle in a stupid way, and that does really hurt. I'm glad you were able to be there for your daughter. I know she appreciates it.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you Barbara!
@Plethos (10262)
sooo, good thing she had an extra bone to break? hope she heals up quick !
• Eugene, Oregon
Thanks, me too!
Hope it heals up quickly.
• Eugene, Oregon
Thanks TR!