Cabin Fever

I'm definitely suffering from cabin fever. I stare longingly at my deck and wish I could sit out there and enjoy some fresh air and warmer weather. I know spring is right around the corner and my wish will come true. My daughter went to work today and after yesterdays snow I was unsure if the roads would be clear but apparently they are and off she went. I know I've said many times that she has to drive a 2 hour commute each way to work but she only works a few days a week and hates to leave her job. After going through her nasty divorce (yes, it's final) she needs the money. But, the one thing she didn't get in her divorce settlement was the car. So, now we are sharing mine and some days it isn't even a problem but other days I feel stuck. Just knowing the car is in the garage makes me feel free even if I don't go anywhere. It's basically the same with everything else isn't it...we don't think about it until we don't have it. Anyway, not to get off on a tangent here I have plenty to keep me busy around the house. And, of course I have all my wonderful friends here to talk to. Usually Thursdays I have a lunch date with my oldest daughter but we postponed it until tomorrow. Saturday (weather permitting) we're having a family party to celebrate my two grandsons birthdays ( one just turned 13 in Jan so it's a little belated and the other will be 10 on the 24th ). We haven't been able to have our traditional birthday celebrations as the weather hasn't cooperated at all. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can do it on Sat without any trouble. Can't say there's much going on here today. What's happening in your neck of the woods?
@hostessman (9784)
• Tucson, Arizona
going to watch Arizona play basketball today
Time flies so fast these days - soon it will be Spring.
I do hope the weather will cooperate. We still don't have electricity at our home in Connecticut and they are saying it won't be back until Sunday night at 11p.m.
@PainsOnSlate (20422)
I hope you get that chance for the family to celebrate birthdays, I am excited about my surgery that will happen a a couple of weeks, Had my first visit (pre-op) to the hospital yesterday and have one more meet there next week. I am not looking forward to the recovery but I am looking forward to a new knee and no pain. ( recovery and getting the new knee is a bit painful but in a month or two I will be great.
Winter weather can do that to a person. I understand how hard because the weather is not nice that you do not know when it will be nice so you can go out. I am waiting for nice weather so can sit out also but we do have nice days.
It's just nice knowing there is a car in the garage - as you say. And I'm sure it's a great relief to have the divorce finally settled.
Hope you will get nice weather for this weekend.
I really hope you guys have that celebration Saturday!
I would feel rather lost without my car, but glad you do have enough to do at home to help with the cabin fever. I hope that the birthday parties go ahead as planed. Sunshine here, so that always makes a chilly day a bit better.
You sound a bit down to me. As you said, spring is around the corner. We have three cars at home and only one here. I have to make plans in the afternoon to have the car to myself, but I use the mornings to exercise, do laundry, clean, cook, etc. I hope the weather will be perfect for your grandchildren's birthday party on Saturday!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Not a whole lot going on today. I wiped down the counters, did a load of laundry, took the trash out, and started on a grocery list for this weekend.
I do understand the no car deal. Lately I have seen may really nice cars that are around $2,500, do you think maybe she can save up and find a nice used car? Even if she does not drive it to work it would be a way for you to poke around town . Tony has a treatment today so I will drive 2 hours round trip, then I am doing nothing but in the house stuff.
Busy here, trying to do my art and get my house in order. Have you tried Uber? Just knowing there is a reasonably priced ride a phone call away can be helpful.
@elanalove (661)
Do something creative,it will help you to remain happy...
Staying inside too long makes us feel tired and moody. I hope that Saturday will be sunny so you can have a great birthday party. It was sunny here today, but it seems it's not going to last.
Hope that you can get the party tomorrow!
You have big family plans ahead. Enjoy.
@Courage7 (12212)
Not much here today have to go out for a while and yes I have the feeling nearly everyday..I want to run away
Good morning. I think that I feel the same way about the weather. Last year we didn't have much of a spring as I recall, hopefully we will this year, time will tell. I know what you mean about feeling free with the car home in the garage, but just as soon as it isn't, I know that I always find a "need" to go somewhere. I know that soon I'll have to go into work. Its been crazy this week, some of the workers are moving to the new location today, I was supposed to, but the final word hasn't come down yet, so I hope that I don't have to go until next week.
I get like that too during the winter. I hope you have a good day regardless!