Dreams And Old Wives Tales

I grew up in a superstitious household. The old " Do not cross the path of a black cat" and " Its bad luck to walk with one shoe on." The list goes on and on. Other old saying are : Left hand itches? you`ll get money, Right hand itches? you`ll meet someone new. Right eye itching you`ll cry today. And my favorite..... if you ears are burning someone is talking about you. Some of these tales go over into sleeping as well, dream of someone in the nude and there will be a birth and the best one is if you dream of a snake you have an enemy, if you kill the snake in your dream you killed that enemy. Now is any of this true? I do declare, it is! I am not liked so much in the old neighborhood by few people and by a few distance kin, why? I refuse to be run over and controlled and I will stand up for the weak, people who don`t know how to protect themselves. . It took me a long time to let out what was inside of me but with God at my back, I did. I used the good mind God gave me, no fist fighting and no harsh words needed. So what does all that have to do with old wives tales and dreams? Do I believe in either? Twice in the past 30 days I have dreams of a snake. Once it was a big one and it crawled on me and propped his big head on my hand. I woke. The last one, last night, I was trying to kill but I could not find anything to kill it with, it got away. Yesterday morning my ears were on fire, as they are now at this moment. But how do you know someone is talking about you? Well..... lets toss a little Karma in the mix. I won`t call any names but this one elderly person went to visit one of the people I have butted heads with in the past, He damaged his new truck at that persons house and told another how it happened. Later that day the person I have bunted heads with rode past the rental I was working, which is not a normal thing, someone had to tell that person I was there and what I was doing because the elderly person had been to the rental and had seen the work I have been doing. So there : Two snakes in my dreams Burning ears. Dreams and some old wives tales are actually accurate. What do you think? True or do I just have a wonderful imagination?
@hostessman (9580)
• Tucson, Arizona
the old saying i remember that goes well with you at this moment is Crazy like a fox----------------lol
LOL, I love it!
• Tucson, Arizona
@andriaperry i can hear you howling at the moon right now--------lol
I do knock on wood, a lot.
I have done that before.
@Daelii (5718)
I do that one all the time!
I never noticed which hand, but an itchy one has brought money my way.
Me too!
My left hand is itchy frequently but I never seem to have money come my way. I always heard about right hand being itch meant you would kiss a fool
I haven't heard all of these sayings (well, I probably have but have forgotten them) but I do know about the ears burning.
They are common here.
Well, Scar walked under a ladder after knocking a mirror off the table and breaking it...I'll let you know what happens...
LOL, those two are very common also. I walk under ladders all the time, the mirror? I can`t recall ever breaking one. I will stay tuned.
@elanalove (654)
It's all about belief,,whether any scientific reasons exsist,,i don't think so
Not everything can be explained by science which equals man.
@AKRao24 (19637)
@AKRao24 Its true, man runs science too.
Lol Bobby said it best my friend.
Howling now.
My grandmother was very superstitious (me not so much) but I do believe that your dreams do have a ring of truth. Those old wives tales had to come from somewhere!
Hey! You do have a point.
@AKRao24 (19637)
Sorry dear friend @andriaperry I don't believe in such things and people call me atheist because of this! Thanks!
I do not call you anything but AKRao24, I do not know you to even know what you do and do not believe in.
@AKRao24 (19637)
Thanks @andriaperry ! I am a Chief Stud Vet holding Post graduation in Animal genetics and Breeding and presently serving for one of the reputed Stud farms in India. When I was in my college I used to be an active member of Local Rationalist association where we used to educate about the Superstitions and blind faith and how to stay away from this! Thanks!
@AKRao24 Good to know you better.
@Courage7 (7957)
I still follow all those old wives tales and superstitions. I come from a culture that is steeped in that. I think you have a sixth sense.
What is your culture is you dont mind me asking. I do have a sixth sense and I dont want it.
@Courage7 (7957)
@andriaperry The Celts..Irish Andria. Oh yes cant get rid of that tho the sixth sense
Some people have great intuition. It comes from them observing, and never letting go of facts in the world around them. Those facts come out in dreams, gut instincts, and hunches. You have reason to believe and know these things about these snakes.
Yes, I do think so.
I'm not really superstitious, and if I were dreaming of snakes, I would totally wig out!
@UncleJoe (10266)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I think it's bad luck to be superstitious.