Have you ever written the same post twice?

duplicate posts, mylot Image Pixaby
Have you ever published a duplicate post forgetting that you already posted it?. I find it is not easy to check all my published posts on MYlot over the years. I do not keep a copy of most of my posts and I wish there was an archive of all the posts on Mylot where I can go to get a copy for my records. If you don't remember what you wrote, or don't keep a list of posts, it is possible to publish a duplicate post or a similar one. Do you have all your posts saved on your computer?
I only save my poems or songs mostly.
I mays save a rough unfinished draft of what I plan to post then I forget about it - sometimes.
No, I do not save on computer. I have hard copies of articles I care about saving.
I do not except maybe a draft but I have been thinking I should keep an inventory anyway but that is a huge task to go back and do that.
@ridingbet (50170)
i am still in the process of finishing the list of my discussions like what i did with bubblews before. and yes, there are times that i can repeat a discussion i have already posted, but in a different manner.
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
That is okay. I think I must have seen one of them.
I want to do the same, keep a list of my posts if I can find them all.
@ridingbet (50170)
@Freelanzer why don't you just scroll so you can copy the links?
@kobesbuddy (43881)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've saved my poetry and my one short writing, that's all. The rest of my posts, don't actually mean anything to me. Have I duplicated a post? Probably, yes I have.
I guess for the short clips we sometimes write there is no point in saving them and I don't but it is nice to know I can still access them and delete if I want to
@kobesbuddy (43881)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Freelanzer Yes, it's good to know we can delete them, if we decide to.
@1hopefulman (27468)
When we have many posts it will be hard to scroll through them all to check. I think that is why some people delete their posts and only keep on file a few.
I didn't even know you could delete your posts. That's an idea.
@1hopefulman (27468)
@Freelanzer I have noticed that some people do. However, if we leave them, sometimes new people read them and we get new comments on old posts and some are revived.
I always write on Word then copy and paste. Sometimes I need to do some research in the middle of writing or it gets too long so I edit it and make it a bit shorter. Even so, once a Word file gets to 40 odd pages I start a new one and with over 1,000 posts that's still a lot of files to wade through. And if I think I've written something twice, I go searching for tags I might have used. I find the tags really useful in that way.
Never thought about using tags but that still means I would need to keep a record. You are very organized, I am working on getting there someday.
@Freelanzer I don't think you would need to keep a record really. If you use relevant tags hopefully you would some up with the post you want.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
No I don't have any of the post saved in my computer and I don't think I have posted the same post twice may be the same topic but not the content.the post like good morning,etc.may have same title so we can have the multiple post on the same topic.
I am sure it happens and I know I probably did but its all good.
@Raj7779 (2916)
• Ahmednagar, India
@Freelanzer yes its doesn't matters
@Bluedoll (17071)
no saves here, just write but sometimes the same topic comes up over and over
I can see that happening.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't save any of my posts when I write them, so it's entirely possible that I could potentially write about a topic all over again, not realizing that I already wrote about it before.
I don't save either and it would take awhile to scrool through all my previous discussions.
All of your posts are listed here in one section called 'My Discussions'.
myLot is an enormous discussion board, blogging community, questions and answers hub, social network and online hangout that pays you for your valuable contributions
Good to know. I guess I never scrolled far enough. Thank you.
i've been here 11 years.i wouldn't doubt if i had at some point without meaning to.a lot of the same things still piss me off.
It could happen especially if you have been here for awhile with hundreds of posts
@sjvg1976 (18379)
No I don't save posts . Also I have not written a post twice here.
I don't save either but I hope to start doing that.
After losing the majority of my posts when Bubblews closed, I am not making the same mistake twice. I am saving all of mine on my computer.
I had a similar experience but didn't learn from it I guess.
I do not save my posts. I may write about our dog Molly or our son etc., but the discussion is about something different pertaining to them.
I don't either simply because it is nothing profound, I think, so do I really need to keep it? Lately, however, I think maybe I should especially since I already forgot most of what I wrote,
• Cuddalore, India
no i don't have any copy of those
I mainly write online but sometimes I keep a draft
@Icydoll (14949)
It's hard task to remember whatever we post in previous discussions...but there is no issue in posting twice I think.
I guess there isn't an issue because I am sure I just might have done a duplicate once in awhile.