My TV volume is so loud!

@Raj7779 (2922)
Ahmednagar, India
Can anyone explain why the volume on my TV changes between channels?...and pretty drastically too. I have cable tv, is it a problem with my the cable, my television? What?Also, why on some channels are commercials so much louder than the regular viewing? If I am not paying attention and a commercial comes on sometimes I jump right out of my skin.
It is not a 'problem' with anything. It is simply some stations produce a stronger signal than other stations. And commercials are designed louder because of compression in the soundtracks when they are made.
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
So you think it is on purpose and there is nothing that can be done about it?
@Raj7779 There is nothing that can be done. Different channels use different equipment in their studios...compare it to different stereo systems by different manufacturers, some are louder than others.
@iridion9 (9159)
throw away your t.v. problem solve. lol
@Raj7779 (2922)
• Ahmednagar, India
Great advice
@Freelanzer (9496)
the volume used to be very high when commercials come on and it was done deliberately to draw our attention to the commercial. However, recently the government passed a law banning it and it is so much better now. Not sure what is happening in your case though