What can you do siingle handedly?

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
On Feb 18, 2018 I slipped on an ice patch as I was walking downhill, fell and broke my wrist. My left arm has been in a cast for almost 3 weeks and probably for the next 5 weeks. So far Ive had to master doing everything one handed. This includes washing dishes, cooking, washing my hair and dressing. Lately Ive mastered draining a pot of pasta without the use of a strainer with only one hand. I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I live alone so there is no one here to help me with these chores. What can you do singlehandedly if you had to?
@Courage7 (5699)
I can cut my own hair with scissors one handed lol Sorry to hear of your injury..hope you heal soon. I comment you for your abilities.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
I havent cut my hair bit I do use the scissors to help me open some food packets?
@Courage7 (5699)
Oh, I think with a bit of practice for needed tasks, I could complete them with one hand. It would be a bit of a struggle, but after practice, I think my one hand would do a good job. Now, a problem would occur if my hand of use was my left. Would be hard to write a check or sign a document with that left hand.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
I felt the same way when I broke my right wrist a few years ago. Im right handed.
@Starmaiden I am impressed at your draining that pot of pasta with one hand!!! You have really had some bad falls on the ice. I bought ice cleats to put over my boots to avoid slipping and falling. They do work. Breaking a bone really does put a person out of commission.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
@Corbin5 Thank you. Yes it does. It takes a slice out of your quality of life.
I did the slipping on ice and breaking my wrist thing some years ago. I'm lucky, I don't live alone. My husband could help me. I didn't wash my hair, though. I went to the hairdresser's.
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
You were fortunate to have an extra set of hands to help.
@iridion9 (6923)
no problem there is robot hands available. the real problem is the money to buy the robot thingy.