Favorite Robert Palmer Songs #5 - "You are In My System"

Denver, Colorado
We are smack dab in the middle of the hit parade (ok, a few of these weren't exactly huge hits) that is my countdown of my favorite Robert Palmer songs. #5: "You are In My System." Interesting story on how this particular Robert Palmer cover came about. "You are In My System" was a 1982 dance club hit for electronic R&B duo, The System. Palmer had, according to both the attached video and Wikipedia, already finished his 1983 album, Pride, and was hanging out in Paris, where he heard the song. Palmer wanted to record the tune so badly that he flew back to the studio, put the band back together, and even convinced System keyboardist David Frank to play on the cover. Palmer's version only reached #78 on the Billboard Hot 100, and #53 in his native UK, but was popular in the clubs, hitting #4 on Billboard's Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. Because that's how a sophisticated vocalist with great taste in music does things! (Exquisite taste in covers info verified by Wikipedia)
Robert Palmer - You Are In My System Music Video. ? 1982 / 1983 Mirage Records. Island Records Inc. http://www.thesystemmusic.com/ http://robertpalmer.com/ "...
Great song that was played on KROQ back in the day.
• Denver, Colorado
And they made it fit, I bet.
• Redlands, California
@JohnRoberts One of the reasons I did like KROQ. They always took chances. These days seem to be stuck in the norm like the rest for the most part. They have such a great platform that they made for themselves but do not see them using it very well lately.
@crossbones27 I have not listened to KROQ in many years. They started going commercial in the 90s when it was bought by a communications group. The days of being a renegade radio station in an upstairs studio in old Pasadena building ended long ago.
@crossbones27 (22336)
• Redlands, California
I like this song, but have to say I try to stay out of everyone's system. I do not want to be on people's radar.
• Denver, Colorado
From- Yes(1995)
• Redlands, California
@teamfreak16 Hells Yeah buddy. Awesome.
He really did have a lot of good songs.
• Denver, Colorado
I could have easily did Top 15.
@Deepizzaguy (15889)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Robert Palmer is a very good singer that has recorded some great tunes.
• Denver, Colorado
@FourWalls - It was a sad day. I really liked him. As I'm making kind of obvious!
@Deepizzaguy (15889)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@teamfreak16 I know what you mean. The great artists die young.
I do not recall this one but I like it.
• Denver, Colorado
I like it as much as I liked the original, which is really good.
@FourWalls (16203)
It's really too bad that this guy didn't have any success. You can hear a measure of talent there....
• Denver, Colorado
I still get a little peaved that a vast amount of people only know "Addicted to Love," and many of those like it because of the video, as great as it was.