Autocorrect. Friend or Foe?

You are engaged on your favorite social media site or just texting a friend when all of a sudden the conversation takes an awkward turn. You wonder what it is you've said or you have to double check what the other person has said. "No, this can't be right", you think as you contemplate how to respond. Autocorrect is a major contributor of some serious conversations turned hilarious or downright nasty. Are you a fan of autocorrect?
@lovebuglena (6844)
• Staten Island, New York
At one point, I turned off autocorrect on my iphone. I wrote some text messages and they turned out to have a lot of typos because the keyboard is very small and I end up hitting the wrong letters accidentally. Since then I turned it back on. I hate autocorrect but it seems better with it on when I write a text. Just have to proofread before I send anything.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
I cannot do without autocorrect. I usually don't find it annoying or intrusive but helpful.
• Staten Island, New York
@mydanods When it changes what you write to something else it can be frustrating or annoying, especially if it changes the meaning of what you intended to say..
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
@lovebuglena You should be quick to spot it. I usually do.
I often have to correct auto-correct. :-)
Exactly! ??
• Staten Island, New York
Me too! I find auto-correct to be dumb at times.
@id_peace (7584)
I will just leave it as it is.
And let the other person figure it out. That's a good mind exercise!
@cintol (7564)
I hate auto correct, I have sent texts a couple of times before reading them and buried my head in the sand because of what they ended up as. I check everything before it goes out now
@Courage7 (11751)
I despise it.
@cupkitties (7372)
My auto correct is turned off. However I recently stumbled across a website that had auto correct built in. It was actually much more annoying than the one on my phone. I tried to post a comment there and was never able to finish it.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
I want auto correct. I use it all the time.
@Icydoll (23352)
Auto check is good but most of the times it is frustrating ...
Yes I do like autocheck.