Fooling Myself

Good evening friends. My husband is away until Sunday. He is in another city at our son's new home getting a head start on some of the work that needs to be done before the contractors arrive. And I'm here. At home. I couldn't really take the time off of work this week. But......I don't do very well alone. In fact.....I'm terrible at it! I am listening to some quiet relaxing music right now. Just to relax myself. I will be sure that I am exhausted before I go to bed. Otherwise I will cry if I have to be alone in the bed without my beloved husband. I know.....what a big baby I can be! So, I'll try to tire my eyes on the site here and then read some before turning in. I'll fool myself into going to bed so tired that I won't have a minute to think. Do you sleep well alone when the need be? ~photo is mine, of the 2 of us at the beach
My dad never slept well without my mother. I remember him doing revivals four hours away, and he would drive home every night after the service just so he could sleep with her. He always said he just slept better. The hosting church would always try to put him up in a hotel or a member's home, but unless the revival was out of state he always drove home. And I am in no way comparing a dog with a husband, but I find I sleep better with Annabelle! I guess I have gotten used to her little, furry body.
It is all what we get used to and love. Annabelle or my hubs or your beloved mother. It scares me to be without him, but I keep on telling myself just another day and 2 nights. I wish that I were stronger and more independent.
@Juliaacv When you have love like that I don't think you can help but go all in. It's hard to maintain independence. I would bet money (if I had any) that you are stronger than you think.
@AmbiePam You know I remember when we started dating he was always 20 minutes later picking me up then he would tell me. And naturally I would be upset while I waited. And 1 day I asked him why he was always so late. He told me that the time he was telling me was the time that he was leaving, and it was a 20 minute drive. Just a miscommunication. But I remember that feeling in my stomach when he told me that, like when you swing really high, that feeling, and I thought to myself, its okay, because I am falling so quickly in love with this guy. And at that time I don't think that there was any turning back. And a miscommunication, we all have them, its no reason to stop dating the love of your life.
Been doing it for years, in a king size bed, sleeping in the middle
I'm up now because I rolled over and he wasn't there......sniff sniff
I am sorry you feel so bad being home alone. I do not always sleep well when I am too tired.
No, I don't sleep well when I am over-tired either. And last night I should have slept all right, but I didn't. Just 1 more night alone and then I'll be up with the roosters and on the road bright and early so that I can be with him again.
@Juliaacv Sunday is not far and your husband will be back. I had a very short sleep last night. Something woke me up around 2 in the morning and I have been unable to sleep.
@LadyDuck I will go to our son's place on Saturday, and stay with him over night. Just another 24 hours to go.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
My girlfriend is like that. She doesn't handle being alone very well. So, after a few times of being away from her on business trips, and listening to her crying constantly, I went out and bought her a giant teddy bear that is almost as big as she is. So, now, whenever I have to be away from her for any period of time, she pulls the giant teddy bear out of of our closet and sleeps with it next to her in bed. She even went so far as to spray some of my cologne on it so it smells like me. She said it helps her manage a little better at night and gives her some comfort!
I can understand that, but it still just ain't the same as having that wonderful guy cuddling together, but sometimes, it just has to suffice. When my husband saw me walking up our son's driveway yesterday he came running to me with his arms extended. It was cute-so say our kids.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Of course, nothing replaces the real thing! I can imagine how excited your husband must have been to see you walking up the driveway!
@moffittjc He's getting so funny in his old age. Sometimes he acts a lot older then his years.
You and I are the same way! I have a very hard time sleeping without my husband and I usually do cry myself to sleep as well.
Isn't that something? And here it is not 4am, and I rolled over and now am awake because I didn't hear his breathing beside me or feel his arm around me. Tomorrow is gonna be such a long day with being so tired.
@Juliaacv I'm sorry and I completely understand. Last week my husband had an overnight job to do and it was the same for me. I was up every single hour. It was awful! The next day I felt like a zombie. I will be praying that you feel refreshed and not too exhausted today!
@LovingMyBabies Thanks. I always feel so happy to see the dawn, another night over and all that much sooner I'll see him. Its so nice to have someone so special in our life isn't it?
@kobesbuddy (43881)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I don't mind being alone, day or night. When Jay was gone for five days, I did just fine being alone. He called off and on, every single day to make sure everything was all right. It's a whole lot better, having Jay at home!
I don't mind some alone time, but just a couple of hours, and never over night.
@kobesbuddy (43881)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv At night, I imagine hearing things and unusual noises. While Jay's at home, I sleep like a log, don't hear anything at all.
@kobesbuddy That is one of my biggest problems too, and the bed is so cold when its just me in it-I don't like that either. They think that we take them for granted, but I wouldn't be without mine for anything.
@1creekgirl (10163)
Many years ago, I would go sleep on the couch when my husband started snoring. Then I wondered why when we have two other bedrooms. Then I moved my clothes into my bedroom and we've slept in our own beds ever since. It hasn't affected our romance at all!
Up until about a year ago, we only had a double bed, not a queen. So we are used to, and like to sleep in close proximity to each other, and I think that all of those years of that, and enjoying that togetherness and sharing warmth has an effect on me.
@1creekgirl (10163)
@Juliaacv I can understand. Hope you rest while your husband is gone.
@1creekgirl Thank you.
I prefer sleeping alone. As I can get more comfortable that way. But do miss my boyfriend sometimes. I can understand hating being alone when married for years though.
Oh yes, I don't like being without him, and he's the same with me. I remember when the doctor hospitalized me so he could induce me in the morning to have our son. Since the baby could have technically came that night, my husband parked himself in a chair beside my bed and remained there all night long holding my hand as we slept. He told me that he didn't marry me to sleep alone.
@Juliaacv a So sweet.
www.
I've never been without my husband overnight. But it would be strange.
When I was walking up the driveway to our son's house, my husband came running out of the garage all smiles to greet me. And I thought that I missed him the most.......
@Morleyhunt (19723)
I miss my husband, and haven't been sleeping great, but we manage to make it work. Everyday a phone call...usually about 30 minutes long, before I head to bed. One day this week, he was going to be tied up so it was going to be a long lovely evening.....surprise....he called me at 6PM instead of 10 PM. I do love that man!
Aww, that was sweet of him. Out of the blue I got a text message this afternoon telling me of the progress they were making on tearing out the old bathroom and ripping up the carpeting and then he told me that he really misses me. And all that I could think about was awwwww.
@JESSY3236 (6289)
I like living alone. Although I do have a cat that does keep me company.
Cat would keep you warm if they sleep with you.
It won't be long now. Try to not tire yourself too much as it is not good for sleeping.
I'll sleep good tonight, and be so excited in the morning to be able to drive down and see him, our son and his wife and the progress that they are making. I made a picnic to bring for our lunch, subs, fresh veggies, cheese, devilled eggs, chips and fresh fruit.
Sounds like you hardly stay at home alone.Mylot helps you a lot to relieve the dull time.
No, I am never alone-thankfully!
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
I've been sleeping alone all my life. Once when my brothers were with us, we slept together in the same bed and lived together. Now, they are living elsewhere.
My brothers and I were never close like that. My husband's family is that close.
Good evening my friend and, I always got my pets at least.
See, I don't even have a pet to cuddle with, not that a pet can compare with my husband.....
Yes, I can sleep well alone except when I'm missing someone so terribly. When I do, I just watch videos to get my mind off somewhere else and tire my eyes to sleep.
@dodo19 (32653)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. I used to have a difficult time with it, when my husband and I were first married. Especially at night. However, since he works nights now, I've gotten used to it.