Feminism really demands too much?

@off124 (125)
I often see women's fighting for their rights but their demands are some type very stupid. Is it feminism just one type of stupid thing women mostly don't like. In shorts it's strange
The problem with the concept of equal rights lies within our differences. I would agree that there are some basic human rights that everyone should have. We should, however, guard against throwing away the beauty that defines us. Being unique is not a curse. It comes with a power that transcends the limitations perceived by many
@off124 (125)
comprehensive comment , thanks
@mlgen1037 (24545)
• Manila, Philippines
Because they think they are always right. When we talk about equality it is for the good of everybody not for the good of oneself. People just tend to use platforms that will feed their selfish agendas.
@mlgen1037 if we learn to understand and respect each other, the problem should be solved
@mlgen1037 (24545)
• Manila, Philippines
They have their own agenda using feminism as their main goal. Feminism should not bound to one gender. If equality is their main goal, then they shouldn’t be insisting on things for their own good.
@off124 (125)
you are quite right
People always tend to overreact. Regardless of what we stand for and what we believe, someone will always push things too far
@mlgen1037 (24545)
• Manila, Philippines
@off124 thank you.
@dya80dya (1939)
Feminism sometimes is exaggerated.
@off124 (125)
surely
@mlgen1037 (24545)
• Manila, Philippines
I believe so too.
• Summerville, Georgia
The feminist movement has inlay one request; to be treated equal. Without it you would still not be allowed to vote or wear slacks amoung other equal rights obtained. So the next time you pull on a pants suit thank people like Susan B. Anthony and realize the idea of equality is not strange.
@off124 (125)
@JAWwriting What about our responsibilities can we also protest what we have to do and we are not doing
@JAWwriting sorry. Miss understood
• Summerville, Georgia
@FrancoisBezuidenhout I am explaining and defending the feminist movement. I am not defending any personal actions taken by people in the name of the movement because like all social movements we will find people in the extreme. The problem I had with this post is the writer feels her opinion on how women should be is the only right way. The author gets the benefit of living in a society which has changed because of the feminist movement like even being allowed to post here and be taken seriously. Like most issues in society people try to define them based on their own beliefs instead as an unbiased observer. When two sides say the other side is wrong and their only defense of that claim is because they say so and not based on facts, social norms, science and observable data then all it is, is a belief and not a true statement. If I was to say feminist movement is 100% correct because I agree with it would also be fallacy because my opinion does not change the issue's truth. But if you add an observable fact like men and women make up roughly 50% each of the population then logic dictates they should be held equal in society I at least backed up my opinion but never said there aren't difference between the genders but this author asserts that feminism is wrong and stupid because she finds it strange which does not change the fact that other women find it strange that other women want to be less equal than a man in society.
@stapllotik (1013)
So, what kind of demands you would make for women which will not look stupid?
@off124 (125)
i think equality, independence and decision making.
@off124 true , whatever you have mentioned is WIP in my country.
@Starmaiden (4997)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Sometimes I think feminists can go overboard in their fight for women's rights. There is a female filmmaker here in my Province who is an activist for women's rights. She takes feminism to the point of having an actual hate-on for men. That's taking it to the extreme.
@off124 (125)
I think reason is that men and women both can't live alone. Actually a women can solve her dispute with men .