I don't want to be rich

@Madshadi (8951)
Brussels, Belgium
Don't get me wrong. I would like to have lots of money. Who wouldn't? But what I mean is that I don't want to have companies and businesses that would keep me occupied 24/7. I like how I can go home after work, watch TV, spend time with my family or sleep whenever I want. Once my body leaves the workplace so does my mind. I don't have to worry about anything that happens there. A rich member who comes to swim here, who owns and manages several businesses, inspired me to write this discussion. He puts his two phones on a towel beside the pool and replies to massages/calls after each lap he swims. Some people seem to be enjoying that lifestyle. Would you?
I am in that lifestyle and you are right. However, though I work 7 days a week as a company owner, I don't want to be enslave by my businesses. So I take time to go somewhere on a trip and not answering phone calls during those period. I have people to answer for the problems that are in the company and they only call me when it's something they couldn't handle anymore, but it also means they failed at their job.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
It's good when you can take a break like that. I would also like to be free at least once a week
@tech40 (9221)
Sometimes we need to relax by going to some beautiful places and focus on relaxing that stressing ourselves in business hehe
@Madshadi Yeah I always do. Travel to a different country or just go to different islands in the summer season. I always do.
No to be honest as I need to know there is a time out at some point. I think I wuld also be horrible if I had unlimited funds. People would use me like a dirty red rug.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Yes, that too
@Madshadi Thank you have a good day.
@tech40 (9221)
Same here!
@TheSojourner (17479)
If I have to be tethered to one phone, why would I want to be tethered to two? And if I cannot leave my phone at home or in the car while doing something I enjoy, then life is not worth living outside of the phone. No, thank you.
Actuallyall it dipends upon your needs and your ambition...
@elanalove I understand that the younger folks of today live and breathe by your cell phones. But I come from a generation that I had a phone for my convenience. And when someone calls me when I am trying to relax, or vacation, or cook, or (fill-in-the-blank), it has ceased being convenient for me. I am at the age where I recognize that ambition is highly over-rated, especially when it comes at the expense of better face-to-face communication/conversation with people I care about. But I do understand that this technology has changed how the younger part of society now lives their life.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
My thinking exactly
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
I don't think I'll enjoy that lifestyle. I want to money to take care of myself and my family. That's all. My family comes first in my life.
@nela13 (5040)
• Portugal
That is sweet
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
I think even those who invest all their time in making money sooner or later come to realise that there are other important things in life
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
@Madshadi And lots of things money cannot buy.
Don't worry i can handle all that, I wanna be rich
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
Everyone wants to be rich but what if you lose yourself in being rich? That's the issue at hand.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
I hope you will some day. Who knows
@sjvg1976 (18034)
Who won't like this lifestyle. I will definitely be like the person you mentioned but don't know how to achieve it.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Achieving something like that is not easy at all
@tech40 (9221)
We need to insert lots of effort to gain wonderful lifestyle.
@sjvg1976 (18034)
@tech40 yes we have to
@dodo19 (31973)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Honestly, I don't think I could manage that kind of lifestyle. Some people can, and that's great for them, but I don't honestly think it's for me. I do like being able to have time for myself and time with my family.
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
We share the same values it seems.
@dodo19 (31973)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@mydanods It would seem so.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Me neither. I can’t imagine my life like that
I want to be rich without responsibility.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Wouldn't that be just awesome
@tech40 (9221)
It's so hard to think how to become rich without responsibility haha
• Calgary, Alberta
Heck yes I want to be rich, So I can have a harem of sexy Librarians from all continents.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Haha that’s some stretch of imagination you have there
@EddieHands (37858)
I want to be rich and just be able to do what I want when I want.. Also I am hungry lol
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Grab something to eat
The question we should be asking is, what defines happiness. How do you find fulfillment? Doea love and affection offer a higher reward for your time than financial well being? Can money give you acceptance and closure?
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Those are good questions. Some people discover it too late
Same here my friend. I would prefer to have free time instead.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
And a peace of mind too
i once been i just enjoyed the money given by my husband i spend and spend it until i just realized he's not for me and it was a big mistake
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Oh I hope it ended well
@Icydoll (13160)
I just want money to survive ... that's enough for me.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
There are more important things that can’t be bought
@Icydoll (13160)
@Madshadi yeah you are right
@JESSY3236 (6070)
I don't want to be rich. Sure I need money, but being rich is not really important to me.
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
Me too.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
I am happy with what I have
Money is important, but we only have one life to live and it's better to enjoy some relaxed time. We do not bring money with us when we die.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Money is supposed to be there to make our lives better and not the other way around
@Madshadi I fully agree with you.
@miketagz (7457)
Its not about money, forget about price tag.
Alive is OUT NOW: http://po.st/Alivedlx http://www.jessiejofficial.com https://twitter.com/JessieJ https://www.facebook.com/JessieJOfficial Best of Jessie J:...
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
Good one
@miketagz (7457)
@Madshadi hahah. I just heard somewhere recently and thanks to your topic.
@eileenleyva (10964)
To each his own. Every one has different likes and interests. A passion may be in sports, arts, businesses, office work, etcetera. No one is the same. What is important is the degree of happiness or satisfaction that we derive from our daily existence. Money is not the goal, neither the lifestyle. A fisherman could be so happy when he is out in the sea fishing.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
I think people should find a balance between their passion (whatever it is) and other aspects of life.
@eileenleyva (10964)
@Madshadi Such as an artist selling his/her painting or sculpture or drawing for a price? Perhaps. After all, we need to eat.
• Northampton, England
But if you were super rich you could give loads and loads of money to help people
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
That is true.
@anikoonline (2618)
• Hungary
I prefer the lifestlye that you explained here. I like my life and my freetime too much than have a 24/7 job.
@Madshadi (8951)
• Brussels, Belgium
You can’t put price on that