Inner Peace

I am in the middle of my middle age but I haven't always been this peaceful. I was most likely one of the least peaceful people on the planet in my younger years. In my 40th year I made a choice (More than one actually), to change the way I think about myself, my circumstances and other people. The rewards that came through all of my hard work are more than I've ever imagined. Inner Peace is not attained by not having any challenges. Inner Peace, (or the lack of it) is attained through how you respond to the challenges in your life. Your own thoughts on this?
Inner peace for me, is achieved through my relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. Otherwise, I would be a mess.
@dya80dya (3789)
I agree. I try very hard to be peaceful. But my peace is gone because of severe anxiety and panic attacks.
I had severe anxiety also, but it is controlled by proper meds.
@dya80dya (3789)
@Starmaiden Can you tell what meds did you take? Here or in private? I also take meds.
I hope i can learn that, i am starting to put that in my life as a habit, and it kinda helping me to calm my head.
Reiki and QiGong are wonderful ways to bring peace into your soul. Another way is to ask your spirit guides to remove all negative energy from your aura, presence and surroundings and put it in its proper place. When I do that I feel immediate relief.
@Courage7 (8482)
Oh so much easier said than done..good you can manage it. Peace is so valuable and I feel I will never have it..I try very hard to quiet the mind and its reactions but no good
It was difficult for me also. But the more you practice the better it becomes. Practice mindfulness every day. Be conscious and aware of what is only going on IN THE MOMENT.
I agree that how we respond to situations in life affects our mental health. We can either work ourselves up over trivialities or we can make it a habit to remain calm.
Meditation is what helped me achieve it.
And you are doing the right thing. Challenges will always be there and dealing with them is a way to attain inner peace. I just turned 40 last February.