growing up fast

San Jose, California
My son is officially a toddler. It's hard to believe that such a short time ago, he wasn't even here. He was born at home after two days of labor. I pushed him into the world while standing naked in my hallway, holding onto the walls with my hands. I've been told that it was epic and amazing and that I was a rockstar. All I knew is that the only way out was through, and that I was DONE with this birth and labor thing. He is my last child. He is nothing that I expected and everything that I hoped for. He has a long, carefully selected name that ties him to his mother's love of nature and the frozen land of elves and trolls, as well as the belief in light at the end of the darkest tunnels. Happy birthday, buddy.
Wow! I have never heard of one being born as you described, who caught the baby? He is a cute toddler, happy B`day to him.
• San Jose, California
His papa caught him, announced the gender, and later cut the cord (we left the placenta attached for a little while until it stopped pulsing).
@spiderdust I know many home birthing folks. Good friend of mine is also a lay midwife x40 years. Did you also practice placentophagy?
• San Jose, California
@CoralLevang I did! It was dehydrated and put in capsules. I didn't finish it all, so I'm keeping it in the freezer until I hit menopause. It's supposed to help with some of the menopause symptoms then.
Happy birthday to your little one, he is cute. I am sure that giving birth at home is a lot better than in hospital. I have heard horrible stories from my Italian friends. At least at home you have respect and you can take your time.
• San Jose, California
Absolutely! A hospital would have forced me to have a Cesarean because I was "taking too long".
@spiderdust Exactly, or they would have used a forceps, this is even worse, they almost killed me with the forceps when I was born.
• San Jose, California
@LadyDuck The most famous forceps birth I know of is the actor Sylvester Stallone. The forceps severed a nerve and caused permanent paralysis in parts of his face, which is why he's always had that signature slur in his speech.
@TheSojourner (17454)
I am sure that there is quite a story behind this!! Happy birthday to your little one!
• San Jose, California
He was two weeks late on top of it all!
@spiderdust How many children do you have?
• San Jose, California
@CoralLevang I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren (who only live with us part time).
Happy birthday to him. And the idea of home birthing has always scared me. Did you plan that or did it just happen?
• San Jose, California
It was planned. One of his sisters was born at home as well, assisted by the same midwife.
@spiderdust wow. That's kinda awesome. But again, scary for me to ever think about doing. Lol
• San Jose, California
@Courtlynn I won't say that it wasn't scary, but I had a lot of help and think I had a better experience than if I had done it differently.
@sprite1950 (14042)
• Corsham, England
He's so cute. I remember when you were pregnant with him. We were all on Chatabout then. Those were the days huh?
• San Jose, California
Indeed they were. It seems both so long ago and just a short while ago. I remember when my water broke, I texted Sharon so she could let the other people on Chatabout know, and then I had to text her again the next night, saying "we're not done yet!" He sure did take his time.
@sprite1950 (14042)
• Corsham, England
@spiderdust Bless him. I think I was taking a break from Chatabout at the time but I used to talk to June and she let me know.
@nela13 (7056)
• Portugal
Only now I noticed that you are Spiderdust from Forum Coin Happy birthday to your handsome boy.
• San Jose, California
Yep, that's me!
@elanalove (643)
Play with you baby,,,he will enjoy with his mom..
• San Jose, California
We did a lot of playing outside today.
@NoorNoor (1189)
Woow He is so cute....Yeah Time is running fast, Mom deserves a lot.mothers love is so valuable.Have a great day with your son.
• San Jose, California
We did have a nice day!
A late Happy Birthday! Damn, you are a rockstar!
You're definitely a proud Mother and Happy Dad for having him into your life. I hope he grows up to be a good person.