Woke Up To This

@Morleyhunt (19540)
The Atlantic provinces are supposed to be hit with three nor'easters in a row. The first gave us a couple of cm of snow (an inch or two). The second began last night.... It was snowing when I went to bed. This morning I awakened and looked out of my window at 40 cm (16 inches) of wet (blue), heavy snow. I thought I'd tackle the snow removal early....and I love this area.....a kind tractor owner cleaned most of my driveway. The thought of moving the massive pile of snow that the snowplough had left on our driveway was intimidating.
That is a seas of the white stuff.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Lots of the white stuff. I went for a walk and looking out over Baie Verte, I wanted to change the name to Baie Blanc. All I could see was white.
I think snow doesn't only bring freezing temperature but a lot of hard work too. I'm just glad we don't have to go through that here.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
The temperature is hovering around freezing. In the sunshine with little wind is actually quite pleasant outside.
@Morleyhunt Oh dear! if that is pleasant, then you do not want to move down here!
@Morleyhunt With the snow in sight, it can't be pleasant to me.
YIKES that just plain looks kkkkkaaaaaooooollllldddd I hope you get sunny weather pretty soon, it's almost spring already.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Another nor'easter is heading our way...Tuesday night, thru Wednesday. How much snow will that one give us.
Well, given how little rain some parts of the Americas have gotten maybe if there's enough snow to melt in spring it will fill the rivers @Morleyhunt I know, that sounds harsh but we all have different needs.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@rebelann considering the fact I live on the coast....the only river this snowfall will fill would be the Gaspareaux River which runs into Baie Verte, the Northumberland Strait and then then the Atlantic Ocean.
I am glad the tractor owner cleaned your driveway. This is a lot of snow to remove.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
It sure made for a lot less work. I told him Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
@Morleyhunt You have very kind neighbors.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
@LadyDuck we have so many helpful, kind neighbours.
@dgobucks226 (10684)
Yes, that Canadian cold front is causing havoc with the Mid-Atlantic states today (3-21). Where I am heavy snow is starting to fall now. As a matter of fact it is so cold here Dunkin' Donuts is serving coffee on a stick. The photo will be me tomorrow, lol.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Now why is Canada being blamed for this. This storm seems to be coming north...not heading south.
@dgobucks226 (10684)
@Morleyhunt True, but the weathermen always seem to blame Canada for bringing cold air down from the north. Guess it is a combination of weather factors
@Blondie2222 (21235)
Sounds like us last weekend where we got 13 inches of snow. Ours is finally melting but their calling for more sometime this week.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
New England and the Maritimes (Atlantic states and provinces) are getting a triple whammy at the moment. Three nor'easters in a row.
@Blondie2222 (21235)
@Morleyhunt yeah i heard that. Stay safe!
@patgalca (14257)
• Orangeville, Ontario
We had blizzard like conditions last night where I am in Ontario, but it didn't last more than an hour or two and nothing really stuck to the ground. We pretty much have no snow left. I did tackle shoveling one day only because I had to get my vehicle out. With my bad shoulder and fibromyalgia it was not something I should have been doing because there was a lot of it... especially at the end of the driveway where the plow left a heap of it. I persevered and my FitBit translated it as exercise. I hope I don't have to do that again.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
A lot of the snow disappeared today. Another nor'easter is headed our way.
@patgalca (14257)
• Orangeville, Ontario
@Morleyhunt Hang tight!
that's a whole lot of snow.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Most of that snow is now gone again.
@UncleJoe (9467)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Our recent Spring-like weather has made a lot of folks around here think Winter is over but we are supposed to get snow tonight as well.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
My sister was supposed to leave this morning to come and visit me, but has postponed her travels for a day to allow the storm to clear. Hopefully the weather cooperates. Today was a beautiful day in the Maritimes.
@aninditasen (1423)
• Raurkela, India
The snow filled landscape looks beautiful but you must be having a tough time.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I have not let the snow slow me down. I have things to do if the weather is not appropriate to be outside.
@sjvg1976 (18039)
I am happy for you that the tractor owner cleaned your driveway otherwise no one do that for anyone for free .
@Morleyhunt (19540)
The man owns a garden centre. I know where I'll be buying my plants in the spring.
Oh goodness, that does look like very hard work for a shovel.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
That heavy wet snow is very hard to shovel. The good thing is how quickly it usually disappears.
So glad a nice tractor owner cleaned the majority of your driveway. That heavy snow is so hard to remove.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I was extremely grateful.
@dodo19 (31968)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
You guys definitely got a lot of snow. I know we're supposed to get some too, although I don't think we're supposed to get that much.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
This was almost double what they were forecasting for our area. The last few snowfalls were much less than the forecast.
There are still some good people in the world.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Everyone I have met here has been extremely helpful and friendly.
@Platespinner (16533)
And the third is supposed to be arriving the same time I am, if the weather forecast is accurate .
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Yup. Drive carefully....maybe you can thread the needle like my daughter and I did five weeks ago!
• Portland, Connecticut
My house in Connecticut still has no power and now a new storm looks like it is coming. My grandson decided to go to his parents to shower and warm up.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
Our power has not even blinked. (Knock on wood) One storm after the other. Today was a beautiful day, giving us a bit of a break. StY warm and safe.
Yeck! Be safe out there.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
When the roads are bad, I stay home. This morning I made a quick trip to get groceries, and do my laundry. Tomorrow the forecast is yuck.
@xFiacre (4255)
@morleyhunt I take a more leisurely approach to clearing snow - wait till it melts.
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I would wait until it melts....but there is more on the way....it's easier to move it....one storm at a time.
@elanalove (645)
Buy necessary things from store in emergency...
@Morleyhunt (19540)
I always have an emergency supply. Water, cans of soup, candles....