I need legal advice. A call center has been bothering me...

Roxas, Philippines
I need a legal advice from anybody who has an idea about this situtation. Last Monday, I received a call from a company, looking for my brother. I told the caller that my brother is not with me. She asked for his number, so that they could call him directly, I said I don't have it. Then she asked if she could leave her number and ask my brother to call back. So I got her name and number. I'm not sure why, but i think they are just selling their services to my brother. Unfortunately days, I rarely see my brother that they are looking for, these days. I just have the time nor the need to go their house. He wasn't there most of the time anyway. Then the following day, I received another call from a different number. The caller, a different person, was again asking for my brother. It dawned to me then that they are calling from a call center. I thought, if they are in a hurry to contact my brother, I am not the person that who will relay the message for them. I AM NOT DOING ERRANDS FOR THEM. This time I told the caller that I received similar call yesterday and I said I rarely see my brother anymore, so I cannot relay their message for them. Then on Wednesday, I received another call, representing the same company. After the caller mentioned that he is calling for the same company and again looking for my brother, I stopped him before he could finish reading his spills. I told him to stop calling me and tell their supervisor to remove my name from their list. However, it did not stop them from calling me. Today I received at least four calls from them. I ignored the two. The other one, I told the caller that they are bothering me. The last one, once I heard the name of the company, I dropped the call. Now, my question is, can I take legal action against the call center and the company they are representing for violating my right to privacy? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
@xFiacre (4829)
@jricentral Tell them you can’t talk because you have very bad diahorrhea. It always works for me.
• Roxas, Philippines
Hahaha. That's one funny way yo do it, but I don't think it will work! The way a call center works, the name and number of the person is assigned randomly. Unless their supervisor had my name remove from their list.
It is harassment by legal definition. You can tell them to leave you alone or you will take legal action. Meaning an attorney can send them a letter like a cease and desist letter.
• Roxas, Philippines
Hmmm. I was thinking on the line of violation of my right to privacy. But I think harassment is more likely. I'm thinking of recording the call myself and present them to a lawyer. Thanks
@jrlcentral I work at a Law/CPA firm. It can be violation of collection rules and harassment.
• Roxas, Philippines
@Susan2015 unless I tell them that I am recording the call myself, right? I feel my blood pressure shoot up every time they call
Confirm from them that they are recording the current call and conversation. Once they've confirmed, tell them to put your number in their 'DO NOT CALL' list and that when you receive a call from them again, you will be pressing charges against them. Get an affirmative reply from them and then hang up.
• Roxas, Philippines
Thanks, Allen. I did that already and I just had another call from them. I told the caller that I am recording the call as well so I can present it to my lawyer. And each time they call I will keep on recording for my evidence.