No More Waiting At The Counter !

@houda28 (381)
Tunisia
Yesterday I was watching this Korean drama called 'The girl who sees smells' . There was a scene where the hero and the heroine go to a coffee shop where each table is equipped with something like a buzzer so as to notify you when your order is ready. I wish we had something like this in my country so I can save the hassle of waiting at the counter. Do you have this kind device in your country ?
I am not sure I have that correctly. are you saying the cook has a bell to hit when the food is ready? If that is yes then yeah we do.
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
Not a bell. It's something like a buzzer that has digits. She types the table's number and the device on that table starts to vibrate in order to notify clients that their order is ready.
@houda28 Oh yeah I am pretty sure that is somewhere on central avenue here in Ny. I have to say it was about 8 years ago i learned of it. It was new to me since I never ate there before. But it was not on a counter but the table.
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
@sharon6345 Yes, they have a main device which is on the counter and the peripherals are placed on the tables.
I have never experienced that type of service here, but it does sound like a very good idea.
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
It definitely is !
Yes, some of the restaurants here are equipped like that.
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
Lucky you !
I know of a couple restaurants around here like that. One has a buzzer, one has a telephone that rings at the table, stuff like that.
@Icydoll (19003)
No we don't have this type of device..but it is good to have as you said.
@silvermist (20100)
Some shops do,though we do not have a device that vibrates on our table.At Dominos,we have to wait and when our order is ready our token no.will be shown on a small screen near the counter.
@houda28 That is very cool and I have never heard of that before.
@Courage7 (5847)
I have never come across it here, but then again I do not frequent coffee shops anymore.