March Writing Challenge - D9

This is a little late. For me anyways. Oops. Day Nine: Share something you struggle with. This one is too easy. As I could very easily say depression and anxiety, and talk about it. But because almost everyone here already knows all about that from my previous posts, I'm going to say another easy but not fully known one. Which is Self-esteem issues / not liking myself. This, has been a big struggle for me since I was about 8 years old. As first I felt like there was something wrong with me / us, for why my "dad" didn't want anything to do with us. Then it was continued over the years by being bullied. As I was called ugly and stupid alot.. and being told to die, that noone would miss me. Even by my brother, cousins and uncle. And I still am to this day, when someone disagrees with my opinions, or decides they now dislike / hate me. (Which both is really childish). I was also verbally abused by my ex. Which doesn't help someones self-esteem at all! Especially when you think you love them, and already have bad self-esteem issues. So yeah.. Although some days I may like how I look, how I feel in my clothes, and am comfortable enough to take new pictures; and feel smart and like I can help the world.. etc --- Most days, I absolutely hate looking at myself, and feel like the world doesn't need me because I can't do it any good. And I just want to hide under a rock. * * * (Another reason for people to follow the quote - "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.")
You are very beautiful with your curly hair. You are lucky to have a nice boyfriend in your life and a nice brother and mother that you are close to. Believe in yourself and the good person that you are.
The three of them are mostly nice. But not always. Especially my brother and boyfriend. Thank you from both me, and the crazy hair.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I recognize the quote. It is something I always remind myself of that my troubles are not the biggest in the world. You don't see people on the road and think that they do not have troubles of their own. Everyone has a battle or fight he is going through.
Yes, everyone does. Even those who seem to have the prefect life and no troubles.
@elanalove (646)
Hope you are fine,,do what you love,,you will never get depressed..
Well that's bs. But.. yeah.
@Starmaiden (2328)
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Learning to love and accept yourself as you are is very difficult in a world of so many judges, but it is necessary for healthy self esteem.
Well. Yeah. But cant always have life the way we want it. So have to deal. And just keep trying.
we s yo9uggod all begood andikiof yo oyjrtd iothers as we dt