New Windows Alternative: ReactOS

@miketagz (8666)
Good day! It's Show Time! Miketagz Again! Are you tired from Windows Operating System? But you want something new? Here's the new alternative freeware called ReactOS. ReactOS is a Windows clone and not a Linux distro with a Windows-like desktop shell and it does not run Linux apps. However, we cannot disregard the popularity of Windows on how much you might despise it, but then if you’re keen on using the operating system, you might as well go for something that quite as much features supports for the applications specifically designed for it that would otherwise not run natively on other platforms without some sort of virtualization. Software is under alpha version, so maybe you are not sure if you really want to try this software if you have free disk space. It is your choice for fun and experiment purposes. Video:
ReactOS is a free, open source operating system for natively running Windows applications. Here I install alpha build v.0.4.7 in a virtual machine and test i...
• Cuddalore, India
Never tried that one..
@miketagz (8666)
@Lignitecityabishek96 Explore the new system if you want to try other than original.
• Cuddalore, India
@miketagz can we use this with Window 10. I mean can use two at the same time .It should not affect window 10 because its premium version .
@miketagz (8666)
@Lignitecityabishek96 Yes it's possible using virtual machine software.
@rheicel (7296)
What's the difference using it from Windows?
@miketagz (8666)
@rheicel No difference, it was a free remake version. It is under alpha version so it may expect few bugs.
@rheicel (7296)
@miketagz It's like imitating the older version of windows like windows 97.
@miketagz (8666)
@rheicel yes, but the difference is no need to ask for serial number when installing software
@RodrickH (12913)
Never heard of that, is it great?
@miketagz (8666)
@RodrickH It is good but it's under alpha version, and don't expect too much of it's compatibility of the software.
@RodrickH (12913)
@miketagz If it's under alpha version then I won't try it cause it may have bugs
@miketagz (8666)
@RodrickH Okey its your decision, you don't need to reformat though. You can install while running on windows using Virtual Machine Software.
@kepweng (19121)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
Do u Already Upgraded in windows 10??
@miketagz (8666)
@kepweng I have Windows 8.1. Plan to upgrade soon if I have replace Solid State Drive and adding a memory on my laptop.
I'm not too computer savvy so while my computer runs ok I'm not going to mess with it.
@miketagz (8666)
@jaboUK No worries, you can see online guides or I can teach you about Windows.
@FourWalls (15703)
I got tired of Windows about three years ago and got a Mac. Now, Windows only bugs me the four hours I’m at work.
@miketagz (8666)
@FourWalls Mac doesn't detect viruses and I like the advantages of that.