New here, just introducing myself

@lynnief (1248)
Australia
Hi all! I've just discovered MyLot, so thought I would start by introducing myself. I'm a writer and independent publisher, and also a Christian minister, and work part time as the Funding Manager of a charity that supports people with mental illness. I live in a country town in Victoria, Australia. I have two adult sons and five grandchildren, but unfortunately my older son and his family live outside of Sydney (around 1000 kms away) and my younger son and his family live outside of Brisbane (around 2000 kms away) so I don't get to see them very often. Outside of ministry, business and work I love reading, knitting, cross stitch, and all kinds of crafty things. I'm trying to turn my brown thumbs into green fingers, and I'm just slightly addicted to building web sites. Currently on a get-fit-lose-weight kick, I've recently returned to swimming. I'd love to learn about some of the other people here.
Hi, nice to have you join us. You've started off exactly the right way by telling us about yourself, so many newbies just say they're new and that's all. I hope you enjoy it here. The best way to get to know people is to read what they write, but briefly I am an Englishwoman in my 70s who hadn't touched a computer until 5 years ago.
@lynnief (1248)
Thanks Jabo. I'm not that far behind you age wise (67), but I've been attached to my computer by an umbilical cord for over 20 years now. :-) It's definitely a love-hate relationship.
@Bluedoll (17052)
Nice to meet you both. I say keep them guessing. Just curious about your love-hate for computers Lynn but I think I can guess. We all have that to some degree I suppose.
@lynnief (1248)
@Bluedoll I love the world that they open up, but I hate the degree to which that makes us dependent upon technology. I also hate my current computer, which is less than a year old but an absolute piece of junk that keeps freezing, usually at a time when I want to get some work done in a hurry. I've checked for viruses, that's not the problem.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
Hi and welcome to Mylot.. Have a wonderful day
@lynnief (1248)
Thanks Mohit.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
@lynnief hope to see more post from you soon
@xFiacre (5177)
Hello @lynnief Only one other Australian here that I’ve met.
@iridion9 (10105)
Speaking of you are building a website? Are you using wordpress to build your website? are you doing this for your company or for your customers?
@lynnief (1248)
Hi Iridion9. Over the years I have built quite a few websites, all for myself or my ministry. I used to do it from scratch - raw html, css and just enough javascript to get by. Then I discovered WordPress, and a program which allows me to design my own WP themes, so now everything is on a WP platform. I currently have 4 main sites - 2 for my writing (I write non-fiction and poetry under my own name, and fiction under a pen name), one for my publishing business, and one for my ministry.
@iridion9 (10105)
@lynnief That's good. I'm a web developer by the way.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
@iridion9 Good. We could learn some tricks from you then.
@Starmaiden (7643)
Welcome to mylot! Enjoy yourself here. :-)
@LeaPea2417 (21997)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is nice to meet you here.
@Deepizzaguy (14983)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I like to share good news stories of rescues of humans and animals as well as some news of the super hero movies.
• Okotoks, Alberta
Hello and welcome
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Lyn! Welcome to mylot. You seem to be preoccupied and that is great. My parents are always preoccupied as well. It keeps them alive and active. I am also new here. Been here for 2 weeks I guess. I like tutoring kids, write, read and travel.
@lynnief (1248)
Hi Louise. What part of the Philippines are you in? I've been to Mindinao 3 times with my missions work.
@mlgen1037 (29626)
• Manila, Philippines
@lynnief Wow thats great. I am in the city capital, Manila. Where in Mindanao have you been, Lynn?
@lynnief (1248)
@mlgen1037 Mostly Davao, but also Iligan, Butuan and a place in the south west whose name I have forgotten.
@miketagz (7489)
Welcome to Mylot, Lynn Read the help manual to guide you from using MyLot. Enjoy! -Mike
Have questions about myLot? Help is here!
@lynnief (1248)
Thanks Miketagz. Yes, I saw these.
@miketagz (7489)
@lynnief Your welcome.
Welcome to Mylot Lynn. I'm not sure i'l remember all the details in your discussion about you. I interact with a lot of people here in mylot and I remember the people easily after having interacted with them for a long time. I hope that I'll be able to see you around not only in your own discussion, but in others as well. Have a great day and hope you'll like mylot as much as I do.
@lynnief (1248)
Hi Toni. I'm enjoying it so far. And yes, I'll be getting involved as much as I can.
welcome to the site where you can interact outside in the most famous social networks
@dya80dya (5445)
Welcome to mylot!
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Welcome to Mylot @lynnief . It sounds like you keep pretty busy for being 67. I'll be 67 at the end of April. I think you'll find a lot of interesting people here. You may want to say hi to @JudyEv ; she's from Australia too.
@Katiepie (120)
• Okotoks, Alberta
Hi Lynn welcome to mylot it seems fun!
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
Welcome to Mylot @lynnief . I think you'll find this an interesting place to be. I'll be 67 at the end of April. It sounds like you keep pretty busy.
@lynnief (1248)
We're the same era - I was 67 last October. Yes, I often think about the idea that you are supposed to slow down as you get older - not happenin'!
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@lynnief Keeping busy as our age is a good thing. No 'couch potatoes' for us.
That's so cool to know a writer here I hope you will like Mylot as many people are friendly here. You will find several active Australian Mylotters here, too. My mom is good at knitting and cross stitch but unfortunately I don't have her talents. Her cross stitch is like masterpiece
@lynnief (1248)
Yes, I have found another Aussie already, and this is only my first day. I wouldn't say my cross stitch is a masterpiece, but I find it enjoyable and relaxing to do.
@lynnief My mom doesn't do much cross stitch today as it makes her eyes so tired. Some time ago she had the cataract surgery and I am not sure whether this is because she used her eyes too much. She has many hobbies when she is retired.
Welcome to mylot. I hope you enjoy your stay here! It is a friendly place for the most part.
@lynnief (1248)
Thanks Snowy. Yes, the people I've interacted with so far seem very nice.
@tom_view (4174)
• Kolkata, India
welcome to mylot.
@Icydoll (24619)
Welcome to Mylot